Administrator Ruling #1

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Administrator Ruling #1

Case: The team representitive for one of the teams has brought to our attention involving information their team leader accidentally came across in CivAssist II. The priority of the information was very minor. Through CA2, they found out what techs their enemy/enemies had. Most of this could have been known via the in game diplomacy F4 screen. Aided by a screenshot RegentMan and myself were able to confirm this CA2 information.

Verdict: Because this was found using an allowed utility and it was accidental and unintentional, there is no punishment for this action.

To all: It is now crucial you upgrade to the latest version, 2.0.2024 of CivAssist II. This is the spoiler-safe confirmed version. The latest version of MapStat is also allowed. If we have missed anything, please let RegentMan and myself know.

Thank you.

Sorry, the latest version of CA2 is 2.0.2024, not 2.0.2054 as I had previously stated. The most important factor is you have the latest version. To check your version, click the "About" button and look at the top right of the box that appears.

A new version of CivAssist II is out. v2.0.2089 can be found in this thread or through the direct download link. We urge you all to get this new version, however, the second most recent (2.0.2024) is pretty stable as well.

For reference, we want to know which team did this, as the defendant should be publically known, as in our case.

Ginger Ale said:
Case: The team representitive for one of the teams has brought to our attention involving information their team leader accidentally came across in CivAssist II.
We would like to send our compliments to the team representative that came forward for their honesty.

The team involved in this was Team MIA.

A warning to all non-MIAers: Do not use this against them, this was not their intention and should not be treated any different.

I would like to publicly apologize on behalf of team MIA. the citizen in question was under the impression that all information contained was spoiler safe (which was certainly the message everyone got when we had a vote to allow such utilities). The information was minor, and most was already known. The information was deleted within hours, and I would be surprised if anyone on the team even remembered that information today. Once again I would like to apologize, and assure everyone that we continue our commitment to a spoiler-free, fun, fair game Thank you for your understanding.

To the best of my knowledge, the information referred to in this thread can be determined, with a bit of effort, from the in-game screens. One merely needs to know how to solve a system of linear equations (it might even be easier than that) to compute the exact tech cost from the F1 and F6 screens. As such, it is not technically spoiler information.

ybbor said:
I would like to publicly apologize on behalf of team MIA. the citizen in question was under the impression that all information contained was spoiler safe (which was certainly the message everyone got when we had a vote to allow such utilities). The information was minor, and most was already known. The information was deleted within hours, and I would be surprised if anyone on the team even remembered that information today. Once again I would like to apologize, and assure everyone that we continue our commitment to a spoiler-free, fun, fair game Thank you for your understanding.

I would be surprised if someone forgot such critical information, given the attention observed elsewhere.

Provolution said:
I would be surprised if someone forgot such critical information, given the attention observed elsewhere.
I never even knew anything about this, and I am still not sure what info we learned, because it was deleted so fast... No need to turn this into something larger than it is

Black_Hole said:
I never even knew anything about this, and I am still not sure what info we learned, because it was deleted so fast... No need to turn this into something larger than it is

I am tempted to say the same about our case....

Is there a reason that each time Provo you post something that is comes across in an aggressive manner?

Team MIA should be congratulated for its honesty and our swift consultation with Administrators ...

This is a game after all ... and your continuing blusterings are beginning to ruin the spirit of an exciting game concept for more than one person ...

I am not posting as a member of MIA, but as a person who is thinking that this is becomming tedious

Provolution said:

provo, about 3 people saw it, and half the information is probably obsolete now. Also, the information did not concern any teams we hadn't met in-game.

Then I am impressed by the honesty showed by Team MIA :) I am sorry, but I must be infantile and unsavvy, but we do not use utilities in our house.

Top Bottom