[Vanilla] Aerodromes remain in enemy hands

human101101

Chieftain
I just captured one of Romes cities (Setia) and although the city is now mine the Aerodrome right next to it appears to still belong to Rome. It is still purple with a yellow plane icon which is Romes's color. The Aerodrome is within my territory adjacent to the city I just captured. Is this a bug? I am playing on the iPad.

It might be a bug. Or it could be that the tile belongs to a nearby city which is still in Roman hands. If it were on PC, I would suggest looking at the tooltip for the tile to see which city it belongs to. But I can't recall how to do that on iPad.

Thanks for the reply. In looking further it appears that the aerodrome is under my control but there is an aircraft that remains in the aerodrome that belongs to Rome. Is it somehow unable to leave like other units when I capture the city?

Yeah this issue persists, though not necessarily a bug, but most likely. I think enemy units also remain in encampments after you capture the controlling city. Though I could be wrong about that, seems like I seen that at least once. You can attack the aircraft in there I believe. Due to restrictions on where aircraft can park, the bug is somewhat understandable. Though you would think if it's just one aircraft, it could go to the nearest city.

If something has anything to do with airplanes you can safely assume that it is broken and will never be fixed.

That's my understanding of it based on the last 1,5 years.

Yeah this issue persists, though not necessarily a bug, but most likely. I think enemy units also remain in encampments after you capture the controlling city. Though I could be wrong about that, seems like I seen that at least once. You can attack the aircraft in there I believe. Due to restrictions on where aircraft can park, the bug is somewhat understandable. Though you would think if it's just one aircraft, it could go to the nearest city.

If something has anything to do with airplanes you can safely assume that it is broken and will never be fixed.

That's my understanding of it based on the last 1,5 years.

It must be difficult for them to playtest for bugs in the handling of aircraft, considering how rarely they will be built and used by the AI.

Top Bottom