Afforess's Modmods

Ok here's a save:

Save

I'm not using any other modmod, just the basic RoM 2.71.

Also I forgot to mention it, but when the game loads with one of your modmods installed, I get this:

If I click 'ok', the game keeps loading and I can play normally. Yesterday I played almost 100 turns in a row with your modmods loaded without a problem, but whenever I quit the game and reload, I get the infinite loop.

I hope this helps. Right now I'm dead tired so if you need any more infos, you'll get them after I slept :p

Separate topic:

I'm merging CAR and RevDCM now. After I compile the new DLL and test it (hope it works!), I will attempt to merge your dll to CAR.

But be warned, it is gruesome task to merge in one certain file called CvTeam.cpp because Revolutions make use of barbarians code and CAR modify about the same area of Revolutions, so it is hard... I'm slowly making progresss on that.

If you, however, want to merge and compile on your own, just use Find and search for "Sanguo". It is his entries that are CAR's foundation.

Uh, okay. I looked at Cars DLL, but it seemed like too much work for me atm. I would be happy to help merge it with my DLL. However, the sources I posted on Jooyo's page are woefully out of date. Anyways, I was planning on getting Jdog5000 to merge it into RevDCM for us, since he's way better with SDK. Good luck though.

@newzarb

It looks like you're playing Civ4 in another language, non-english. At least, that's what it looks like. If this is true, that might be the problem, as my mods are only in English atm. (I'm monolingual; most Americans are.) Anyways, other than that, I'm not quite sure why you are having difficulties.

My game was indeed installed in french but to play RoM I had to switch to english.

There's this line in _Civ4Config saying my game is currently in english:

Code:
; English(0),French(1),German(2),Italian(3),Spanish(4) - Defaults to user-installed language
Language = 0

But there's probably another place where the game remembers that the default language is french.

My modmods are compatible with Vincentz mods. I play with them.

@Newzarb,

Have you tried uninstalling Civ4 and reinstalling in English? (Either that, or translating all of my text files to french.)

Thanks for your fast reply, I just installed them, about to fire up the game and test.

EDIT: I didn't want to bump the thread with a new reply, but I have a quick error to report. When I install your mods, Afforess, I receive a single xml error when loading plain old vanilla BTS 3.19. It says "N+ader Barbarian in Info Class was incorrect". This isn't the message verbatim, but its all I can easily remember. I can attach a screenshot if you'd like. Thanks.

Thanks for your fast reply, I just installed them, about to fire up the game and test.

EDIT: I didn't want to bump the thread with a new reply, but I have a quick error to report. When I install your mods, Afforess, I receive a single xml error when loading plain old vanilla BTS 3.19. It says "N+ader Barbarian in Info Class was incorrect". This isn't the message verbatim, but its all I can easily remember. I can attach a screenshot if you'd like. Thanks.

Strange, I've never seen that before (but then, I never load vanilla, I set BTS to load RoM by default.

When I went and reset my Civ4.ini to load vanilla plain, I didn't get your error, so it must be for some other reason. (I use my own installer as well, so it can't be that.) Unless you installed the files in the wrong spot (It defaults to the right spot if you installed Civ4 the default way.) I can't imagine why else it would give you that error.

Well, the installer wanted to go to C:\Program Files\... and I have the game installed as J:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods...

I'll try again. Thanks.

Well, the installer wanted to go to C:\Program Files\... and I have the game installed as J:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods...

I'll try again. Thanks.

Okay, the installer looks for the default path, and if it isn't there, you have to manually adjust to so it knows where the Rise of Mankind mod is.

So after reinstalling in english, both my infinite loop and my xml error are still there. I guess I'll just give up :(

Hey, wait. I get the exact same error as newzarb except the tag in mine is different. The game goes on after I click OK, but in mine I get no looping.

Okay, I suppose there could be a problem with the installer, as I just switched to using a different program. Try the drag and drog method on a fresh copy of RoM and tell me if you get the same errors, if not, then it is the installer.

Drag and Drop method? Just did it, the exact same problem remains. Back to square one, I guess. My game is installed in english, so I'm not sure why the other fellow and I have almost the same problem.

Okay, I am pretty sure I know what the problem is. I am working on fixing it ATM, but for now, a simple hack to get it to work is to go into the RoM Assets folder and delete the CvGameCore.dll, and then go into the modules folder, delete the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file, along with the Afforess folder. Then, reinstall using my installer. The problem is (and I will tell you when I have it fixed) that the new software's installer won't overwrite old files, and I changed all those files. My installer will replace the deleted files with newer versions.

Okay, I think I fixed my installer. Please redownload it and try it again.

Well, damn. Thank you for putting effort towards this error, but I just followed your new instructions and then ran RoM. The error is still there when I get to InitXML. I tried clearing cache but that didn't help. Sorry if this is my fault. You don't have to rush for a fix on my account, I need to take a tiny break from Civ 4 anyway, methinks. Thanks again for your help.

EDIT: Double damn, you responded like greased lightning. Trying again.

Sorry if this is my fault.

Impossible. It has to be on my end.

You don't have to rush for a fix on my account.

Nonsense. I had a fatal error, and I'm glad you reported it. I just can't believe that it took 3 days from my switch to the faulty installer for someone to catch that.

I wish I could give you good news. Uninstalled the modmod, ran the new installer and then went from vanilla BTS to loading RoM. The dreaded error is still present. I'm too tired to keep trying at this tonight, but I'll return fresh tomorrow. In the meantime, here is a quick snap I took of the error in all its glory.

Top Bottom