AFSNES II - Quintessence of Dust

Sorry for bugging you about this, but how is the update coming? I don't want this game to die.

Update Two Preview - The End of the World

The city of N'qal made a beautiful bonfire. The Shoru had ordered it burned himself, for he had seen in his visions that a great wave would emerge from the water and sweep all the world clean. "The land will be made clean with fire and water, and we will pass through it to the end of days," he said to his people, who wailed at the premonition of doom. All of the people of Selamiya lay before him, all their tribes and nations. Some thousands, to be certain. One of his priests surely knew their number. He licked his lips, remembering the force with which the visions had come last night. He had convulsed in his sleep, and awoken crying out in agony and ecstasy.

"But do not fear, for the wave I saw was not the wave of the Hand of the Gods, but it was a wave of men. We are to be the wave that sweeps the world clean. The crest of the wave of the All-Encompassing, Sokol Unarieh. And of you who are chosen, each man among you will father a king and a nation of his own, and each woman among you will give birth to kings and queens. For you are to be the seed of His Encompassment."

He gestured to the line of ships his people had built over the generations, pulled up on the sand. Perhaps two hundred fishing boats and trading vessels were there. "These are the vessels which will carry us to a world made new by the All-Encompassing."

"Every man will take one of his wives and one of his children, those who he sees to be most holy. The All-Encompassing will choose through your hearts. Those who are not chosen will be left upon the old earth and swept away by the wave."

The wailing from among his people intensified. "You will choose by the ending of the daylight." He turned towards the burning city as the fighting amongst them began in earnest. God was harsh, but fair. Life and death were but small, passing things compared to the designs of the All-Encompassing. His people would despair, but they would accept their fate. He knew this. Furthermore, his contacts in Qidris had not left any doubt in his mind. The diminishing output from the tin mines was no longer acceptable to the High Priests; they would be coming. There would be a wave coming soon, a wave of men as his visions foretold.

But he had lied to his people. They were not the wave of his visions. Eshylam was the wave. They were the flotsam and jetsam carried along by the wave's onslaught.

But even flotsam has a purpose, he recalled, remembering the time their people had set false lights for a Eshylamic ship and gathered the silver spheres of currency that washed up on the beach when it had foundered on the rocks.

It can be gathered up and made into something new.

"Ensure that none carry more than one child on board," he said to his attendant priests. "Separate the wives from their husbands with whips and flails."

"Your will will be done," said one of them. He did not know his name. A prophet had no time for such things.

"Not my will," the Shoru said, as the wind rose, fluttering his beard against the folds of his majestic, many-colored robe.

"His will."

Looks great Thlayli - I hope there's something for me after the update :D

Top Bottom