After the game has been won.

Clubber

Zulu Slayer
Just wondering, but, do many of you keep playing after the year 2050 ?? If so, for how long? I myself have played several hundred years after this to either create the world I want or have a prolonged World War. Just wondering.

In three months of play, I have yet to even make it to 2050. I've always either won or lost well before then.

I had a game that I carried on for abit because I wanted to finish off the English but they had another city somewhere that I could not find so I stopped and started another game. I had already won the game culturally and I was also going to try and finish off the spaceship but I didn't see the point...

I have yet to reach 2050 either. I usually have won or lost by that time also.

I made it to 2047. that was the year i put the rocket into space and won. it seemed kind of pointless to go on after that. the best part of the game is exploring a new world and getting up to the point of complete world domination. once you get there though.....

I've gone on a few turns after some kind of victory, wanting to punish the Frogs or somesuch. But, it gets to be a real pain moving stacks of Modern Armor all over the map one by one by one by one by one ...

So, I usually call it a game after taking a few cities.

It's rare that I get to the 20th century, let alone the 21st, but oddly I just finished a game this morning in 2040 winning a diplomatic victory. I don't know why it took so long, maybe because I've never played archipelago, huge before. To answer your question, I usually continue to play after winning only if I want to wipe someone out that was p*$$ing me off. I remember playing more than 20 turns past the win in order to finish off the stupid Egyptians, they kept respawning, GRRRR!

"do or do not, there is no try."

I only play past 2050 when I want to test some things that I would not want to test during the normal game... Things like city governors, automated workers, large modern wars with use of nukes...

yep, with civ2, we reached 32xx. I was playing a friend who was as good(/bad) as me & the game just draaaaaaaaaaaaged on.

with civ3 i'll play past 2050, but I haven't yet...

Top Bottom