AG15 - I dream of Dromons again - deity variant

I can take it later today (maybe eight hours from now). If anyone else wants to slip in before me, fine. If not, I'll play then.

I just opened up the save, then decided to check all the variant rules one more time before doing anything. Why aren't we at war with anyone yet? Because we can't reach anyone and actually fight? I have some other things I'd like to take care of, so I am going to put this off until I hear back from someone.

bed_head7: you are right. I forgot to mention that we should be at war with at least one civ in the Dromon era. So as soon as we have one Dromon we have to declare on someone and stay at war with at least one civ until the end of the game.

Sorry for the confusion...

1870 BC (2) - Found Nicaea. Finished settler heads for spices spot.

1750 BC (5) - The settler factory in Constantinople is pretty inefficient as I ran it. I do not think there is anything that I could have done better, though. We get writing, establish embassies everywhere for 175g.

1700 BC (7) - Arabs pick up Math. Don't trade for it yet.

1600 BC (11) - Better trades to do now. Arabs give Math and 40g for Horseback Riding. Then get Iron Working and 8g for Mathematics. Unsurprisingly, considering our terrain, no iron on the island. However, there is some in Celtic borders and on the empty tundra iron.

1500 BC (15) - Very suicidal galley finds the Americans. They have 66g and are down Alphabet and Horseback Riding. I didn't make any trades.

Once the curraghs had finished mapping the reachable lands, I didn't know what to do with them, so I sent both of them towards a promising spot south of Persia.

Of course, shortly after a saw another spot near the Arabs that might lead towards more land, but the curragh is quite a ways from it.

We are up in techs on all, and have four turns left on philo. The granary build is prebuild for the Great Lighthouse, the temple build is a prebuild for a harbor, and the curragh could also go to harbor first.

Settler can found in place, and use both the wheat and the game up there. I considered a spot one SE, and still think that that would be okay, but I wanted it to have more than one tile that could do more than 1fpt. Later on, though, it won't be the best spot.

This is our empire, with more city out of view to the east.

Attached images are embassies.

Very steady progress! We will soon build our first Dromons (our free tech must be Map Making). This means that we will be at war as from then and trigger our despot GA. All according to plan and looking a lot better than the first try. The fact that we have no iron is an issue. But at least we have horses.

I vote to attack Persia. They are big, mean and we need to cripple them. We can start with bombarding their infra near the coasts.

Let's continue full research and hunt for SGL's.

ROSTER:
Aggie
grs
bed_head7 (just played)
6thgentexan (up)
Gyathaar (on deck)
CarlosMM

By the way, the barracks in Adrianople could be turned into a granary, though it would be awful big before the granary finished. I had it on worker, then realized that the forest chop would go there so just changed it to a more expensive build to get the shields.

Once the curraghs had finished mapping the reachable lands, I didn't know what to do with them, so I sent both of them towards a promising spot south of Persia.
We are seafaring. Suicide the curraghs to get contacts. Sometimes they even survive 3 or 4 turns in ocean.

Wouldn't it be best to get a settler from Adria now? As I read it you did not build the granary with the chop as suggested, but it seems to grow fast enough to build a settler nonetheless.

Oh, sorry, I seem to have missed that. In retrospect, that probably would have been the better thing to do with Adianople. I had planned to go worker -> worker -> settler, but ended up having to change during the second worker and for some reason didn't go settler.

Change Constantinople to temple to be build before the Great Lighthouse. We will not be able to afford the lux needed to keep up production. I'll let the Barrack complete in Adrianople to build some vets somewhere.

IBT Arabs ask for help against the Inca....decline.

1475BC-1 Adrianople Barrack-->warrior Heraclea founded in tundra on spot and starts a granary.

IBT Lose the curragh between Persia and Home.

1450BC-2

1425BC-3 Varna curragh-->settler Perisa has MM now, one turn before Philo comes in. We cannot afford it now. Will have to take CoL and see If I can trade next turn. Curragh heading to launch point due south.

IBT America starts Temple of Artemis.

1400BC-4 Philo and CoL arrive, start min on Republic. Adrianolpe warrior-->warrior Nicaea worker-->temple Warrior heads to Constantinople. Math, Philo and 68g for MM. Give Abe HBR and Alphabet and 15GPT for Poly+1g. Lose four shields in Caesarea but we will have our first Dromon. Smyrna will have the 2nd in 5.

IBT Mayans complete the Temple of Artemis. Persians move to the Mausoleum. and Great Lighthouse. With the head start, we will have to capture it.

1375BC-5 Caesaread Dromon-->Dromon

IBT The Celts need our help against the Inca, declined.

1350BC-6 Constantinople temple-->harbor 30+ turns for the lighthouse. I think the persions will beat that.

1325BC-7 Adrianople warrior-->warrior

IBT Persia demands CoL and declares war. Our Droman sinks on the way to Persia. :mad:

1300BC-8

1275BC-9 Adrianople warrior-->temple Smyrna Droman-->harbor Meet the Maya on the same island as the Americans. Down Alphabet and HBR.

1250BC-10 Constantinople harbor-->Dromon First Dromon reaches Persian coast.

I'd keep Constantinople on Dromons for a while. When Adrianople catches up on MP's, we need some horses/archers to attack Persia. Feel free to change any build orders. Not sure what we need first.

The Game

ROSTER:
Aggie
grs
bed_head7
6thgentexan (just played)
Gyathaar (up)
CarlosMM (on deck)

Top Bottom