AG15 - I dream of Dromons again - deity variant

and I gots it!

I *may* need to wait until Sunday night to play, so if you want to switch with me, aggie, please do so. I will not begin playing before this evening.

I'll get to this later tonight (am fixing my Dad's PC atm :rolleyes: ). Played seceral turns already yesterday - is ther anything in the rules that prohibits us from having more cities? I can't believe we are atm preparing to invite Ais to settle on our home island!

will go anc check post 1 for rules now.....

aggie: true - but before I run 50% lux tax for one city I pop a settler and grab some land! :p

and here we go:

preturn: looks good, but please do NOT use auto-cancel settings for workers!

1 - I am tempted to trade Wri to Arabs for 98 - they would get it soon anyaways. But as they should not known anyone who has it I desist.

2 - Lux to 20% for Nicea and some MMing. Const was on 9spt, not good for a 30 shield build!

3 - Inca are dead! Persia has connected iron - i'll see what our dromon can do about that! :evil: Indeed it hits and disconnects the iron again :evil:
I find a very good spot to annoy the Maya with roadcuttin', if needs be :)

4 - Persia ships troops from Sidon. Two Immos have entered the town and two spears and another immo are on the way there, so I uess they are shipping troops, not a settler. Well, the dromon is in palce.....
Curragh ready for suicide run from Arabia. Const is on 10spt without taking any inportant tiles from other towns. A new Dromon goes south and east to help stopping Persian ships.

5 - MoM in Perse. Hurt Persian Galley does a runner home :( Bombarding Dyes now - want to linger near Sidon as the healed Galley will try again....
Change Nicea to settler. I see no reason to have to worry about happines there (or rush a temple now) when there's a cow in the 21 that can be made accessible with settling a town at the coast, plus the to-be-town being worthwhile.

6 - Persians reconnect iron, some untis go south from Sidon. They seem to have a southern town on galleys, too. More food for the fishes. Suicide curragh has survived, again at risk now showing an island with no owner visible. Iron bombard misses.

7 - our green firend is afloat again - bombard misses. settler from Varna goes west-ih, worker ordered. Suicid curragh save at a 3-tile island, more land to see already!

8 - Adrianople has Temple now, set it for Palace, as any build there will take longer than my remaining turns. Decide against a warrior for happiness as this would be wastefull.
Persian Galley now takes a hit. Suicide Curragh find what looks like another small island and one that may or may not stretch SE and be bigger.^
I can't resist: Maths to Abe for 230 Gold :) 62 of that is spent on an embassy in Mayaland,

and another 414 on a cautious steel. Revolt now or later?????? :groucho:
I draw 6 turns, not too shabby!

If anyone disagrees with Monarchy I will be quite mad and type a lengthy angry post as to why I think it a good idea when it comes cheap and early.

9 - Definately more land in sight now near the suicide curragh!
I decide I am an idiot and reverse my decision for the varna settler - we will colonize that one tile island!
The Persian Galley has made it into Sardis but goes down to 1 HP by bombard.

10 - not much to report here - anarchy is boooooooooring!

where are we... a settler is soon due in Nicae and we can buil dromons like crazy. Mon will help with prod and happiness due to Mil police, too.

the save

aggie: we must then take the lighthouse - no other way, and outracing the Persian prod was impossible....

IHT: So we sold Persia Alphabet and the next thing you know (20 turns later) they are building the Lighthouse. A crushing blow, as I said earlier.
Tbh I don't see us winning this game anymore with these strict rules.. This might be the flue talking though (probably not...). Our dromons are too vunerable if not at sea. I also am surprised about Monarchy, but I guess it isn't bad, since we need units and will probably be in a long war with Persia. I also find it strange that we are settling on a one tile island, ignoring two cows and a wheat close to home. Persia has iron reconnected and I see what I can do about that.

IT: Maya start HG.

Turn 1 (975 BC) Anarchy. I settle Trebizond, which is larady under cultural pressure of the capital of the Aztecs...

Turn 2 (950 BC) Anarchy. I redline a Persian galley with a Dromon.

IT: America starts HG.

Turn 3 (925 BC) Anarchy. I fail to disconnect the iron from Persia.

IT: We turn into a Monarchy. Persia start the Great Wall.

Turn 4 (900 BC) I again fail to disconnect the iron. I set Adrianople to settler. And go min science Literature.

IT: America and Maya make peace.

Turn 5 (875 BC) I again fail to disconnect the iron.

IT: Arabs start the great wall.

Turn 6 (850 BC) Again our Dromon can't disconnect the iron!!

IT: Constnatinople: Dromon->Dromon, Adrianople: settler->granary.

Turn 7 (825 BC) A Persian immortal is standing on the iron. I am able to take 2 HP's of it.

IT: Nicaea: settler->worker, Varna: worker->worker, Smyrna: harbor->dromon. Persia builds Lighthouse in Arbela :(.

Turn 8 (800 BC) Philo and Poly gives us Construction and 125 gold from Arabia.

Turn 9 (775 BC) The iron spot is now permanently guarded by an immortal. I'm going to look for a ship to sink now and get a GA... Two of our Dromons end in the ocean. We have to cross it to reach Persia.

IT: The Celts and Persians MA us. Both Dromons sink :aargh:

Turn 10 (750 BC) I settle Chaldecon and Sardica.

I see no other option than to go after Persia with all our might. We just lost two dromons in the sea. This will be one of the biggest isseus... Let us settle our own island. If we don't it will be very difficult to get rid of the foreign places, redlining them with dromons and only then attacking.

We still need to find that last civ.

aggie: you can go to persia westwards, along the aztec coast!

I ignored the cows as a second settler is soon due. the island can be an excellent safe harbour for dromons who pick on approaching persian ships. I know about the culture pressure :(

Change Caesarea to harbor. Change Varna to settler. Change Sardica and Chalcedon to Harbor.

IBT Statue of Zeus completed in Washington.

730BC-1 Constaninople Dromon-->Dromon Bombard a galley off the coast of Sidon. Increase science to 80% because we can afford it.

IBT Two greek galley approach from the West.

710BC-2 Bombard a second galley off of Sidon. Send two galleys across the gap to the east. Shift our warriors to the west.

690BC-3 Adrianople granary-->spear Nicea worker-->barrack Droman misses galley from the west.

Celtic galley approachesTrebizond. Why did we not settle with a warrior?

670BC-4 Take one and two hp off the two western galleys. Bombard the galley leaving Sidon again. Miss breaking the Iron road.

IBT Abe demands Writing and we are at war with them also.

650BC-5 Constantinople Dromon-->Dromon Sdrianople spearman-->spearman Sink a galley to start our GA. Bombard another galley leaving Sidon. Take to hp from a galley heading ot Sidon.
Adrianople will be making a spear a turn for a while in our GA. Constantinople will be popping Dromons every other turn.

IBT Galleys by Sidon reach safety. Celts are poaching some of our land.

630BC-6 Adrianople spears Caesarea harbor-->Dromon. Sink the second galley from the west. Drop off a warrior in Trebizond. Take two hp off the Celtic galley.

IBT Galley trapped in attacks us and we win promoting to a 2hp vet.

610BC-7 Constantinople Dromons Smyrna Dromon-->temple Chase down Celtic galley and promote another Droman to vet.

IBT Celts and Arabs stop fighting. (Celts won.)

590BC-8 Literature-->Currency Adrianople spears. Bomb two galleys leaving Sidon and break the Iron road.

570BC-9 Constantinople Dromons Adrianople spears. Disconnect Celtic Iron. Load two spears on a Droman heading west.

IBT Persians complete the great wall in Persepolis.

550BC-10 Adrianople spears. Heraclea granary-->settler. Send a curragh due south of the islands west of America. The other is exploring an island chain to a spot SE of America.

The game is looking good if it weren't for one little problem. We do not have the Great Lighthouse. I have 5 Dromon, including the two spears, on our west side closer the the Celts than the Persians. It might be better to fill them all with units and risk the turn in the ocean.

We have a nice stack of cash and the tech lead. We are eight turns from the Middle ages (Currency). I'd alternate the other cities, outside of Constantinople and Adrianople, between unit and building during the GA.

ROSTER:
Aggie
grs
bed_head7
6thgentexan (just played)
Gyathaar (up)
CarlosMM (on deck)

Sadly CarlossMM and grs are on indefinite skip. So we are only 4.

Bummer that Persia has the Great Wall. That makes taking cities very difficult. We only need to hold the Lighthouse city though. We are in for a big challenge.

Top Bottom