1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Age Of Empires II

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by floppa21, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Do any of you have MSN so that its easier to arrange games? Or ICQ? As the zone is pretty annoying and I get bored of people dropping etc.

2. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Me and Willemvanoranje are planning to have a game or two tomorrow morning at around 12 GMT. Heres my MSN contact if you are interested in playing Dell19_UG@hotmail.com

3. willemvanoranje

willemvanoranje Curitibano

4. Torakami_Bltzen

Torakami_Bltzen Pigasus

my msn messager thing is theras@earthlink.net...... i can mostly play on weekends only though.

portugese: your best option for a feudel attack would be a combination of skirmishers and spearmen and here's the best way to do it... this is the way i do it for byzantines, and if done correctly with byzantines and no idle towncenter time it will get you to feudel at exactly 11minutes and attacking at the 12 minute mark.... as you can imagine, using a civ such as the mayans, who start with an extra villager, will get you off to a quicker feudel. i'm assuming map is standard reveal, the one that starts off black.

1. as soon as the game starts, press HCCCC, this will highlight your towncenter, and queue up 4 villagers.

2. select 2 of your initial 3 villagers and have them build a house.

3. the 3rd of your initial 3 vilagers builds a house of his own.

4. with your scout, you want to move in concentric circles revealing more and more terrain, your #1 priority is identifying your initial 4 sheep, then keep scouting until you find, 4 more total sheep, 2 boar, one or 2 gold piles, 1 or 2 stone piles, and your nearest large wood source (by large i just mean a bunch of trees)

5. as soon as your villagers are done with thier houses, have them move to the towncenter, and start eating sheep. Only have them work on 1 sheep at a time, to minimize waste.

6. your 4th villiager should just be coming from the town center, send it to sheep

7. villager 5, sheep

8. villager 6, sheep

9. villager 7 chops a straggler tree around your towncenter

10. villager 8 is sent to the nearest forest to build a lumber camp, then chop wood.

11. villager 9 chops wood at your lumber camp

12. villager 10 chops wood at your lumber camp.

13. villager 11 goes to sheep.

14. villager 12 is sent towards one of your boars, building a house along the way... when he gets done with his house, have him attack the boar, as soon as the boar gets close, send the villager to your towncenter, this will lure the boar to your towncenter. you may royally suck at this at first like i did, and have your viillager die. but keep trying, because hunting boar is 280 food u dont want to leave sitting there. as soon as the vilager gets close to the towncenter, have your sheep vilagers drop thier food off at the towncenter, and attack the boar, killng it, then have all the former sheep villagers, and the boar lurer, eat the boar.

15. villager 13 goes to build a mill by your berries, then gather berries.

16. villager 14 works on the leftover sheep.

17. around now, send that villager who was chopping straggler trees around your towncenter, to build another house en route to luring your second boar, using your first boar hunters to eat it once it's near the towncenter. if your first boar isn't done yet, leave 2-3 villagers working on it while the rest eat the 2nd boar, and when they are done move them to the 2nd boar.

18. villager 15 goes to leftover sheep.

19. villager 16 goes to chop wood at the forest.

20. villager 17 goes to berries.

21. villager 18 goes to berries.

22. villager 19 goes to leftover sheep.

23. villager 20 goes to leftover sheep.

at this point you should have a population of 21, 4 villagers on sheep, 9 on boar, 3 on berries, 4 on wood, and a scout.

24. villager 21 builds a farm by your towncenter.

25. villager 22 builds a farm by your towncenter.

26. villager 23 builds a farm by your towncenter.

around now, your sheep and boar villagers should be about done... highlight them and garrison them all in the towncenter, this will drop off thier food.

click feudel button

ungarrison those villagers. send 3 of them in the direction of your enemy to build a house. send the 4 sheep villagers to build another lumbercamp, making sure it is about 2-3 farm lenghts from your 1st one... wheen they are done with it they chop wood.

all your boar villagers chop wood at either one of the lumber camps.

as soon as your 3 hosue builders are done with thier house, have them build a barracks. or if u dont have enough wood for a barracks yet, just move them towards the enemy until they have enough wood for a barracks, then make one... also have them make another house.

REACH FEUDEL.

as soon as u reach feudel. have the 3 forward villagers build an archery range, and another archery range when u have enough wood.

start makign villagers, the first 2 or so going to wood, then making farms with the rest... research double bit axe asap

as soon as your ranges and barracks are done, have them create skirmishers and spearmen, and use them to harrass your enemy and kill his villagers, try to make a blacskmith and get fletching and padded archer armor. build houses w/ the 3 forward vills.

after this get a lot of farms, get some gold, get to castle and kick asss with your huge eco advantage...

msn me if u want me to send u a recorded game.

i guarentee u the first few times u try this u will suck... but u gotta keep at it, a recorded game would really really help. msn me if u want one. if u are playing the conquerers expansion, harrass his villagers with your scout too.

5. Torakami_Bltzen

Torakami_Bltzen Pigasus

@dell and will........ i'd be interested in playing a game or 2 with u guys.... i put you on my msn messager list... 12gmt? any idea what time that is on USA pacific time? me no understande conversins.. lol

6. Portuguese

Portuguese Vassalising Spain

Hey, THX TORAKAMI :goodjob:

Deep and exact!!!

I'm very thankfull to you. You save huge time of research!!!
    Now, let's just wait for a chance :D :evil: He he he he

7. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I tend to get the timings wrong but in the USA it would probably be around 7 AM :)

8. Portuguese

"msn me if u want me to send u a recorded game.

i guarentee u the first few times u try this u will suck... but u gotta keep at it, a recorded game would really really help. msn me if u want one. if u are playing the conquerers expansion, harrass his villagers with your scout too."

I don't have an msn.

Could you e-mail it to:

campelofep@yahoo.com

Thx :D

9. Sim_One

Sim_One Emperor

Any deathmatch players here?

10. Simon Darkshade

Simon Darkshade Mysterious City of Gold

I have played this one! :yeah:
    It does grow on you, but it bored/burnt me out after a week. It still may have some bemusement value in the future, though...

11. Torakami_Bltzen

Torakami_Bltzen Pigasus

personally I dont like deathmatch because i'm not nearly fast enough to be real good at it... plus there is only one early game strat which gets boring. a setting that many find a fun change of pace is fortress regicide.

I have been ravenously addicted beyond any hope to this game for a couple years now... the way simon describes how he liked ageII is sorta how i am with Civ3... got it, played it, got bored within a week, uninstalled it, it is sitting in my closet somewhere now.

12. Gaius

Gaius Chieftain

Hello all multiplayers!

I was thinking, why shouldn't our master scenario builders give themselves a break and create, let me see, 3 scenario-campaigns,
    with all these whistles and bells and triggers AoK offers? Anyone interested in scenario-crafting?

Gaius

13. PCHighway

PCHighway Pacific Coast Highway

I am;) (interested), but I don't get your question, a multiplayer campaign? Or just a campaign, if so about what?

14. Gaius

Gaius Chieftain

suggesting SP only:). If everybody create civ2 scn's over here, i thought why wouldn't pple try other games aswell. as campaigns aimed i thought maybe take a country with a long history: like France or Spain, and then each participant could create 3-mission pack as good as they can... multiple goals and that kind of stuff.
    (remember good old joan d'arc campaign). Any more suggestions? (for country)...

15. Gaius

Gaius Chieftain

well spaniards are for conq.pack, but maybe we should choose from normal AoK tribes.

16. PCHighway

PCHighway Pacific Coast Highway

I think thats a good Idea:D, there are a lot of campaign's out there, but most aren't really about a nations campaign. Should it be the history of a country? Or just a certain medieval event, like Joan 'd Arc, focused on her, rather than the entire 100 years war. If I had a choice, and was participating in this, I would personally choose the expansion packs editor, for the sole purpose of new terrain, countless new eye candy, and, of course the ability to rename and re stat certain objects, maybe two versions? As for a country you are right when choosing the franks, the first scenarios in the campaign, could be about Charlemagne, or Charles Martel and a wealth of other characters and minor wars to follow. But, I personally nominate the Britons, or for a non European civ, I nominate the Chinese.

17. Gaius

Gaius Chieftain

any1 else interested?
    about campaign i think that everyone focus on one war (like france against burgundy or so, as charlemagne like fighting these ugly lombards). when counting 3 missions in campaign: let them not be just skirmishes, 'cause skirmishes can be in one scen also. so the time-span could be like couple years, and range could span over several (er...3) towns. one of 3 could be pure quest-like scen (if formed interesting!). when i said, let's pick a tribe i thought mostly, that everybody choose what period/war they want, but alltogether it could turn out fun:).
    i must revisit conq.pack, but don't know how many have it nowadays (quite an old game it is after all).
    As for chinese, i can tell nothing, as for britons, maybe exclusive Bretagne theme (ok, these are celts if i'm not wrong)

looking for feedback

p.s. maybe we should ask on another forums ... or at least start a new thread...

18. Portuguese

Not very good at making scenarios, but waiting for them to play! :D

19. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I don't really play many scenarios although I did once make a simple campain without many triggers.

20. Gaius

Gaius Chieftain

don't get me any wrong... i aint even too good player (but learning ;) ), but the simple idea of creating "contest" is fascinating. so maybe if there is like 3-5 blokes to give it a try, we could consider it...