Aggressive Archaeologists

Torwaechter

Chieftain
I'm currently fighting my second war against neighbouring Zulus as Venice which is a really tough position. In the first war (medieval age) I could defend Venice successfully but it was extremely close - invasion troops brought the lagoon city down to 3 or 4 HP.

I didn't vote for the inclusion of Zulus in BNW, but Shaka's warmongering qualities are quite impressive, it is more challenging and fun to play against him than expected.

Now I am fending off hordes of Impis and riflemen using a strong line of gatling guns... soon artillery will clear the battlefields and make this another victory.

But then I witnessed something approaching my coast from another direction... a Zulu archaeologist! I didn't care about him and didn't send a cavalry or a lancer to chase him down. But then the archaeologist goes havoc - destroying three cargo ships in a row while my fleet is locked in sea battles!

It came totally surprising to me that an archaeologist is able to plunder a trade route. Especially a sea trade route while he is embarked. Do workers have this ability as well?

Yeah, we all know there is an archaelogist named Dr. Jones who is certainly capable of doing that, but come on... this is not a military unit, why should it be capable of such aggression? What do you think about that?

But make sure you look away.

Indiana Jones is here....

JUMP INTO THE WATER! ABANDON SHIP!

Anyways that's surprising O_o go make a bug report u should.

[BUGS FIXED, BUT NOT READY IN TIME FOR THIS BUILD]

AI embarked civilian units could plunder enemy trade routes. This has been fixed.

Woohoo - it gets fixed in the next update!

Top Bottom