AI Cheats

I'm just thinking...

You know what would be really awesome? I don't know if many of you have heard about true random number generators, but it would be awesome if the game could call one of these rather than the game's PRNG (written by Soren I assume since the function is named after him :lol:).

A true random number generator relies on a real-world source of randomness like atmospheric radio noise (lol unless aliens are sending us messages) to generate a random number. The problem is they are a lot slower and the suggestion of putting them in a game where it would not make much difference to most would sound absurd.

Still, it'd be funny and there'd be no way to complain of any bias.

Eh, I'd still complain - it's the aliens, out to ruin my civ game by killing all my tanks with spearmen! Part of their evil plot, no doubt!!

Eh, I'd still complain - it's the aliens, out to ruin my civ game by killing all my tanks with spearmen! Part of their evil plot, no doubt!!

Why do people keep blaming the aliens? It's obviously the terrorists trying to spread the message that someone can win a battle against insurmountable odds. :D

AI doesn't cheat! It... it... just plays with advanced good fortune :yup:

I have proof! I asked Monty one time and he said...

"Friend :backstab: Would I cheat you?"

I lost a CR3 Treb to a Catapult defending a city one time. 99.8% odds in my favor. Stuff happens, move on.

Lol - so much funny stuff in this post - Funny how there are a few hundred posters on this forum, and yet only about 5 have found the ai cheats.... I make that about a 99.8% chance that the computer doesn't cheat - guess there's that unlucky 0.2% who bought the game where everything always goes wrong.

And yes you always remember the bad luck (plus most peole who get a bit of bad luck massively exaggerate - I could have made a similar claim when I watch 3 fights be lost, with 95.6%, 88.8% (which seems to lose more than it should and 11.2% seems to win more often...weird ;) and 98.8%) the odds on those 3 of losing is very very low, but then I consider I won a 7.2%er in that same turn so it goes both ways.

And if you think only bad things happen - try beating this - in the space of 20 turns at the start of a game (marathon) speed I got 3 techs from villages - BW, IW & MC :) - I'm still waiting for the computer to post a topic called 'Human cheats' :)

If you play well enough, then you'll know luck goes both ways, and a bit of bad luck won't really do you any harm.

I would say its because you approximate 88% as a sure thing while 11% is seen as impossible? I always thought the odds where stacked until I had start sacrificing units to soften defenders and would actually attack at 20% odds...

Top Bottom