AI Civ same as your Civ? Anyone else seen this?

Bad Wolf

King
I can't take a screenshot of this (whenever I try to print-screen in this game all I get when I paste the result is a black screen). But I've attached an auto-save.

I just saw something I've never seen before. Was playing as Carthage, in a totally unaltered game (no mods, no advanced set-up) and was surprised to run into... Carthage! Except they had Sweden's colour scheme. Their cities still look as Carthage's normally do, not Sweden's, and their leader is Dido. Am I seeing things? Is this just a random glitch?

Attachments

• AutoSave_0054 BC-2650.Civ5Save
    924.7 KB · Views: 78
Post Fall patch the game will remember your advanced settings, but I find I forget that it now remembers (if that makes any sense).

Recently set up a game with 7 hand-picked opponents to test some theory or another (I forget what it was--doesn't matter). Subsequently played a bunch of maps posted in the forums and totally forgot I had pre-set my opponents. Fired up a new game from the main game set-up screen as one of those opponents (Maya), without touching the advanced settings. Guess who I met first in that game?

Yep -- Pacal.

Oh, and you can do this on purpose. Set up a map playing Babylon against 7 Swedens to see how many DOFs you can maintain and how many GSs you can generate, combining Babs' and Gus's UAs. It will get confusing, of course.

The multiple Swedens will be given different colors, but, yes, it can get quite confusing. Suggest you use InfoAddict so you can verify relationships before you do trades or respond to diplo overtures.

I once played a random game
Got two Englands, I was one of them
Eventually me and Elizabeth duked it out on the archipalego map with massive fleets, both of us
We were the two strongest civs there, too.

'tis be interesting that its random and not handpicked.

Hmm...

Random does not give two of the same civs.

Either there was a preset civ already there (and forgotten about), maybe a mod interfering, or something.

But this does not occur normally.

Might also be due to a save from a previous patch being loaded into a newer version of the game.

Top Bottom