AI gets warrior in 2 turns?

Grinnenstadt

Chieftain
I'm playing the "18 Civs" scenario in BTS on Prince as the Chinese. I come across the Mongolians almost immediatly, but they don't start w/ a warrior, so...
figured I'd warrior rush 'em, but before I could even get into their territory on the third turn, Gengis pops a warrior.
"That's physically impossible!" I said to myself. :mad:

Also: The other day, I read a thread of a guy playing the French in the same map, and he was successful, so I figured it'ld work for me. :(

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on here? :confused:

It's pretty obvious. The mongolians started building the warrior before you declared war and just finished it in time to stop your cheap attempted invasion. The other guy got lucky and the european civs start closer together and he could have been playing a slower game speed.

Also, I' sure that one time, with an earth map, they gave a starting warrior to every civ, exactly to avoid this kind of situation.

^^ :nono: Earth 18 civs has not units defined ,just starting locations.

Like namiliaM said AI start with a hammer bonus ( of 10 hammers in Normal speed ). 10 hammers + 2 turns working a 3 hammer tile ( IIRC the Mongol starting location has it ) is 16 hammers, enough for 1 warrior

Problem Solved:
Reloaded on Epic Speed and took him out before he got his warrior.
Cheap attempted invasion succeeds!!! :D

One problem with Earth 18 Civs is Europe below Prince. Basically, as France, you can take out Germany immediately with the starting warrior. Similarly, we Rome or Greece can crush everyone with Praetorians or Phalanxes, since Rome has Iron (IIRC) in its fat cross, and so do the Greeks, while the Copper is located a few tiles north of Athens, south of Germany. AI Isabella founds a religion then dies, since Hatty will inevitably spread her religion to Rome and Greece, who attack and take Madrid, usually her only city.

Playing on Monarch eliminates the whole French-German thing, but makes Praetorians even more appealing...

Top Bottom