AI likelihood of adopting same religion

Stringer1313

Emperor
In almost all my games (I usually play Medium map 4 AI), all or most of the AI end up adopting the same religion, so it's a no-brainer for me to adopt their same religion, which is the one factor that keeps them liking me a lot. (My families, on the other hand, don't so easily conform!)

I'm wondering whether the AI should be programmed to be more likely to adopt different religions, so as to force the player to make more difficult choices? Or perhaps there should just be more religious events that force you to make difficult choices?

I know that sometimes the families will want you to declare war on different religions - i usually find it worth the big negative cost to decline those requests.

Yes exactly - the first religion (whether I found it, or another Civ founds it) ends up dominating, so it's always Judaism or Zoroastrianism. I should note that I almost always play Seaside or an all-land map, so that may explain it as well.

Again, to be fair, my families are usually pretty stubborn and change religions a lot or won't conform, so that does put some pressure on me to change religions, but never enough to anger my neighbors (which I'm able to keep at +200 or so b/c of shared religion).

It depends on the game, I am playing a game at the moment where Zoroastrianism and Judaism are both relevant and the state religions of some empires - also on an all-land map. But yes, it depends on the map, as the local spread chance is depended on the distance of cities.

But yeah, still this could be good feedback for the developers, as this could perhaps allow to have good relations to too much neigbors as intented.

Top Bottom