AI Mass Produces Generic Scouts for War

Stew Pid

Warlord
So I seem to have encountered a bug were a civ in my scenario/mod will mass produce scouts more then any unit then think that those scouts are war units and in total end up losing badly to a human or AI player because of this tom foolery. I checked and this civ has only the "build defensive units and trade" civ personality checked while also being specialized in agriculture and commerce. At the time they can build scouts they also have access to generic spearmen, warriors and bowman available as well. And end result of the bad choices of this civ will look something like a unit conga line or doom stack of defenseless an offense less scouts moving towards their enemies. This civ still does build warriors, bowmen and spearmen but for city defense only.

Check the AI strategy flags for the units. Sounds like all are flagged as defense and the scout for offense.

Unless all civs have the same units and this is the only one doing that, in which case it would have to be the Governor flags on the Civilizations tab for that Civ. Or some combo of both.

I seem to recall "Jaguar Warrior Rush" being a legit, but frowned upon strategy in the old days with multiplayer (build fast, cheap swarming units to overwhelm your opponent before they are ready). Maybe the AI is doing this?

But seriously, tailoring things around the stupidity of the AI is fun / challenge / frustration of modding Civ 3. At this point, I must leave Land Anti-Air units out, as sometimes the AI has done the same thing, where they build way too many without rhyme or reason.

Maybe remove that unit from that Civ, I dunno.

I seem to recall "Jaguar Warrior Rush" being a legit, but frowned upon strategy in the old days with multiplayer (build fast, cheap swarming units to overwhelm your opponent before they are ready). Maybe the AI is doing this?

But seriously, tailoring things around the stupidity of the AI is fun / challenge / frustration of modding Civ 3. At this point, I must leave Land Anti-Air units out, as sometimes the AI has done the same thing, where they build way too many without rhyme or reason.

Maybe remove that unit from that Civ, I dunno.

This scout unit has no attack or defense

Top Bottom