1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI+ Mod

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by row2infinity, Dec 17, 2018.

1. row2infinity

row2infinity Chieftain

Anyone use it? I’ve been looking to try some mods and this caught my eye.

2. oedali

oedali King

I have turned it off because it hasn't been updated in a while since the latest patches. I don't think there's proof anymore that it improves (or hinders) AI. The author also ran into a wall due to no DLL being available ; options to improve AI are extremely limited currently with the tools modders have .

3. FearSunn

FearSunn Warlord

We still all own credit to creator of this mod @SiestaGuru for his research and exploration what is currently possible in this field. Unfortunately not much (especially on tactical and operational level). He is probably himself is not happy with the result therefore seems like suspended this project.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  4. Infixo

Infixo Deity

It all depends on your expectations. Your post doesn't say much why you want to use or what do expect to get from it.
    Example. If you want AI to have bigger armies (and thus being a more difficult to conquer) - you will certainly get that. AI is more aggressive, attacks more often, makes even peaceful civs into warmongers.

5. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Try the Airpower mod. Is a reasonable decent fix for one of the most glaring AI issues.

6. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Partially. It solves (and I would say even too well) a strategic problem but it doesn't (because it cannot) solve a tactical issue. It sets AI willingness to build planes so high that they practically put an Aerodrome to every decent-size city and produce quite a lot planes. But unfortunately they are rarely (if ever) used. So, if you expect some air fighting - nope.

7. FearSunn

FearSunn Warlord

Partially true. Current version use bombers quite well and quite often. New version (not publicly available) use Fighters also. Actually AI attack with fighter class almost 100% (unless air unit is busy with promoting, upgrading or heal). More about new version here:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ive-trained-ai-to-use-fighters-against-ground-units.639002/

8. Infixo

Infixo Deity

9. FearSunn

FearSunn Warlord

As I've expplained above, new features are for private use only. If you want to know why, follow the link I've provided.

10. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I do get attacked by bombers to the point that I need aircover, fighters or AA, when going to war. Fighters rarely attack but they do make it harder to use your own bombers.
    It's not perfect but certainly beats the vanilla AI.

FearSunn likes this.