AI+ Mod

Anyone use it? I’ve been looking to try some mods and this caught my eye.

I have turned it off because it hasn't been updated in a while since the latest patches. I don't think there's proof anymore that it improves (or hinders) AI. The author also ran into a wall due to no DLL being available ; options to improve AI are extremely limited currently with the tools modders have .

We still all own credit to creator of this mod @SiestaGuru for his research and exploration what is currently possible in this field. Unfortunately not much (especially on tactical and operational level). He is probably himself is not happy with the result therefore seems like suspended this project.

Last edited:
It all depends on your expectations. Your post doesn't say much why you want to use or what do expect to get from it.
Example. If you want AI to have bigger armies (and thus being a more difficult to conquer) - you will certainly get that. AI is more aggressive, attacks more often, makes even peaceful civs into warmongers.

Try the Airpower mod. Is a reasonable decent fix for one of the most glaring AI issues.
Partially. It solves (and I would say even too well) a strategic problem but it doesn't (because it cannot) solve a tactical issue. It sets AI willingness to build planes so high that they practically put an Aerodrome to every decent-size city and produce quite a lot planes. But unfortunately they are rarely (if ever) used. So, if you expect some air fighting - nope.

Partially. It solves (and I would say even too well) a strategic problem but it doesn't (because it cannot) solve a tactical issue. It sets AI willingness to build planes so high that they practically put an Aerodrome to every decent-size city and produce quite a lot planes. But unfortunately they are rarely (if ever) used. So, if you expect some air fighting - nope.
Partially true. Current version use bombers quite well and quite often. New version (not publicly available) use Fighters also. Actually AI attack with fighter class almost 100% (unless air unit is busy with promoting, upgrading or heal). More about new version here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ive-trained-ai-to-use-fighters-against-ground-units.639002/

Maybe you are referring to a different mod, but AirPower fix on Steam certainly doesn’t do that.

I do get attacked by bombers to the point that I need aircover, fighters or AA, when going to war. Fighters rarely attack but they do make it harder to use your own bombers.
It's not perfect but certainly beats the vanilla AI.

Top Bottom