AI moddability

MaxCiv

Warlord
I followed the thread about AI in Civ4 and how many of us would like it to be "smarter". I was wondering does Civ4 allows for AI mods? Is technically possible to improve or replace the standard AI using a mod?

Max

MaxCiv said:
I followed the thread about AI in Civ4 and how many of us would like it to "smarter". I was wondering does Civ4 allows for AI mods? Is technically possible to improve or replace the standard AI using a mod?

Max
It should be, but only by the means of the SDK (even this does not allow you to access all areas of the game mechanics, as people have told).
Anyway, you should have proper C++ skills to write and compile your own code.

By using Python you can make the game react based on certain parameters, but I don't think this is what would be called an AI-improvement.
And finally, by XML you can change parameters.

Edit: Anyway, this question should be placed in the creation and customization forum, as the most skilled modders are found over there.

This is exactly the reason I took the time out to install the SDK and stuff to find the answer to that question...

I have been dabling around in the code and have been trying to do the "learn to mod in CIV" things... but have yet to really delve into the matter of finding something to really addapt....

I think it would be really cool if down the road (I know this kind of things takes time) the mod community could improve the AI.

I say that if it's such a big deal to you, then you are the perfect person to start that project! The SDK is out there. Get coding!

Top Bottom