AI naming problem

jsweeney

American
whenever i talk to AI the top says like "Napoleon-Napoleon" or "Saladin-Saladin" on my Earth18civs game and i looked into the file and it looks normal:
CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_EGYPT_DESC
CivShortDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_EGYPT_SHORT_DESC
CivAdjective=TXT_KEY_CIV_EGYPT_ADJECTIVE
so yeah

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 68
this is weird. that is definitely using the same xml files as the core game. McAffee is known to do some weird stuff with interfering with game permissions though so you *could* try deactivating it just to give it a shot. Apart from that: make sure that the install folder and all subfolders are not write protected (in xp this should not be a problem but who knows)...

also: please open your civilizationIV.ini and set all items with log in their name from 0 to 1 then play the game and once this occurs exit and post all items in my games\beyond the sword\logs as a zip file attachment here.

:hmm: these logs are incomplete. Are you sure the civilizationIV.ini in my games\beyond the sword looks like this at the bottom:

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

; Break on memory allocation order #
BreakOnAlloc = -1

if not try it again with these entries - if yes its puzzling...

I have discovered something interesting. I had downloaded an 18-civ map and the same problem occured, so i dont know if that means anything.

Top Bottom