AI never denounces?

HappyCompy

Chieftain
I'm over 300 turns into a save and the AI hasn't denounced anyone. I'm playing with 21 AI, there have been several wars, but no denunciations. Is this an intended change in the CP?

I'm just using the Community Patch (not the Balance Patch). Fantastic mod!

EDIT: SO after playing several games I will say that the AI does in fact denounce, but not until much later in the game than in vanilla. I actually like this change, and I think it strikes a good balance. Thanks for all the feedback Gazebo!!!

Perhaps an issue with the latest versions? Or another mod you are playing with.

AIs denounce all the time in my games!

Perhaps, I am using several added civs, but nothing that should change diplomacy....are you using only the Community Patch? Or are you also using the CBP?

Same here, never see any denouncements, I see DoWs, I am asked to stop settling/messing with CSs but never am I denounced.

Something odd is happening with your games if you aren't seeing any, in my games denounciations are happening all over the place. Life-long enemies or former friends, it doesn't matter, the AI will denounce the AI if they are in a better winning position to themselves.

I'm seeing them

Maybe because there aren't any really major negative diplomatic modifiers except ideologies for them to denounce. I mean the AI is believed to be thinking like a human. Would you really denounce a random forward settle risking any public diplomatic backlash that might occur or would you rather declare war and take/raze their city?

Maybe because there aren't any really major negative diplomatic modifiers except ideologies for them to denounce. I mean the AI is believed to be thinking like a human. Would you really denounce a random forward settle risking any public diplomatic backlash that might occur or would you rather declare war and take/raze their city?

While I'm with you on this logic, when there's 22 civs and ZERO denunciations in 300 turns (Epic speed), I'm not sure that is working as intended.

We need to get the G himself in on this thread for an official proclamation.

Depends. If I want to go to war anyway, I'll declare war. If I want to avoid war I'll do nothing. If I don't want either and I'm willing to lose allies who like them but maybe gain some, I'll denounce.

AI simulation I ran earlier today:

Spoiler :
Line 425: 200, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF RELIGION Spain! *****
Line 435: 202, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Spain! *****
Line 518: 214, Spain, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNTRUSTWORTHY Venice! *****
Line 562: 220, Spain, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS The Netherlands! *****
Line 659: 235, Spain, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Carthage! *****
Line 745: 246, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF WARMONGER Persia! *****
Line 820: 260, Spain, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Morocco! *****
Line 903: 268, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Morocco! *****
Line 909: 269, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Spain! *****
Line 916: 269, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Spain! *****
Line 924: 270, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Spain! *****
Line 947: 274, Spain, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Venice! *****
Line 964: 275, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE DOGPILE Spain! *****
Line 1005: 280, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Carthage! *****
Line 1153: 300, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Venice! *****
Line 1173: 302, Japan, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNFORGIVEABLE Spain! *****
Line 1228: 303, Spain, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Japan! *****
Line 1267: 305, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF WARMONGER Persia! *****
Line 1301: 307, Spain, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Carthage! *****
Line 1306: 308, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF WARMONGER Persia! *****
Line 1345: 310, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF LAND Japan! *****
Line 1383: 318, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Portugal! *****
Line 1384: 319, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Portugal! *****
Line 1390: 319, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Portugal! *****
Line 1391: 319, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Portugal! *****
Line 1395: 320, Japan, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNTRUSTWORTHY Portugal! *****
Line 1413: 328, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Morocco! *****
Line 1424: 332, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNTRUSTWORTHY Portugal! *****
Line 1518: 345, Japan, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF RELIGION Persia! *****
Line 1524: 345, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF VICTORY BLOCK Persia! *****
Line 1538: 345, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE DOGPILE Persia! *****
Line 1587: 348, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY The Netherlands! *****
Line 1607: 350, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Carthage! *****
Line 1727: 365, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Persia! *****
Line 1747: 368, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Persia! *****
Line 1761: 370, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Japan! *****
Line 1778: 373, Japan, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNFORGIVEABLE Venice! *****
Line 1790: 373, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Japan! *****
Line 1791: 373, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY The Netherlands! *****
Line 1794: 373, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE DOGPILE The Netherlands! *****
Line 1799: 374, Japan, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Morocco! *****
Line 1802: 374, Japan, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Carthage! *****
Line 1803: 374, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS The Netherlands! *****
Line 1805: 374, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Japan! *****
Line 1806: 375, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Japan! *****
Line 1809: 375, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS The Netherlands! *****
Line 1811: 376, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNTRUSTWORTHY Japan! *****
Line 1819: 379, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Portugal! *****
Line 1832: 380, Japan, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNTRUSTWORTHY Portugal! *****
Line 1838: 380, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Morocco! *****
Line 1839: 380, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Persia! *****
Line 1855: 382, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Portugal! *****
Line 1862: 383, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Portugal! *****
Line 1874: 384, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Japan! *****
Line 1905: 388, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Morocco! *****
Line 1915: 392, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Venice! *****
Line 1918: 394, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Venice! *****
Line 2001: 408, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC The Netherlands! *****
Line 2010: 410, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Carthage! *****
Line 2057: 422, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Venice! *****
Line 2078: 425, Japan, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNTRUSTWORTHY Persia! *****
Line 2118: 428, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF WARMONGER Persia! *****
Line 2133: 430, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Japan! *****
Line 2143: 433, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Japan! *****
Line 2144: 433, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC The Netherlands! *****
Line 2169: 436, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNFORGIVEABLE Venice! *****
Line 2176: 436, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE DOGPILE Japan! *****
Line 2180: 436, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Persia! *****
Line 2182: 437, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Japan! *****
Line 2183: 437, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNTRUSTWORTHY Japan! *****
Line 2191: 438, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Carthage! *****
Line 2198: 440, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Morocco! *****
Line 2199: 440, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Persia! *****
Line 2200: 441, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Portugal! *****
Line 2207: 442, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Portugal! *****
Line 2211: 443, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNFORGIVEABLE Portugal! *****
Line 2228: 445, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Portugal! *****
Line 2246: 448, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Morocco! *****
Line 2256: 450, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF BULLYINGPersia! *****
Line 2262: 450, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE DOGPILE Persia! *****
Line 2272: 452, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Venice! *****
Line 2277: 453, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Japan! *****
Line 2284: 454, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Venice! *****
Line 2354: 468, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC The Netherlands! *****
Line 2361: 470, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Carthage! *****
Line 2415: 482, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Venice! *****
Line 2441: 488, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF WARMONGER Persia! *****
Line 2462: 493, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC The Netherlands! *****
Line 2481: 498, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Carthage! *****
Line 2509: 501, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Portugal! *****
Line 2521: 502, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Portugal! *****
Line 2538: 503, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Persia! *****
Line 2543: 504, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Persia! *****
Line 2546: 505, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Portugal! *****
Line 2580: 512, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Venice! *****
Line 2583: 513, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Venice! *****
Line 2623: 520, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNFORGIVEABLE Venice! *****
Line 2624: 520, Morocco, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE UNFORGIVEABLE Portugal! *****
Line 2625: 520, Venice, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Morocco! *****
Line 2632: 520, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Morocco! *****
Line 2696: 532, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC The Netherlands! *****
Line 2743: 548, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF WARMONGER Persia! *****
Line 2794: 564, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Carthage! *****
Line 2802: 566, Carthage, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE IS ENEMY OF FRIEND Portugal! *****
Line 2815: 569, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF IDEOLOGY Portugal! *****
Line 2910: 605, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC The Netherlands! *****
Line 2920: 608, The Netherlands, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF WARMONGER Persia! *****
Line 2930: 609, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Persia! *****
Line 2955: 613, Persia, ,***** DENOUNCED BECAUSE OF MINORS Portugal! *****
Line 3003: 624, Portugal, ,***** DENOUNCED GENERIC Carthage! *****

I think we're okay. :)

G

I just ran an AI-only game with no mods (other than CP, Info Addict and IGE) to test.

Turn 240
Standard Speed
Version 2-10b

Not a single denunciation. Wars everywhere, but no denunciations.

When the same scenario is run with the "Smart AI" mod, denunciations start occurring around turn 200.

Of course, CP adds much more than the (brilliant by the way) "Smart AI" mod, so I would prefer to use it if at all possible.

Thank you, G! You are a :king:

I just ran an AI-only game with no mods (other than CP, Info Addict and IGE) to test.

Turn 240
Standard Speed
Version 2-10b

Not a single denunciation. Wars everywhere, but no denunciations.

When the same scenario is run with the "Smart AI" mod, denunciations start occurring around turn 200.

Of course, CP adds much more than the (brilliant by the way) "Smart AI" mod, so I would prefer to use it if at all possible.
Spoiler :

Thank you, G! You are a :king:

Unless you are using the logs, spot-point data is not useful. Smart AI doesn't touch diplomacy hardly at all. My logs above highlight that there are plenty of denouncements.

G

Logging is enabled, but which log do you want me to post? (Please forgive me I'm relatively noobish at logs)

Confirmation bias perhaps? I mean, there is enough variance game-to-game in Civ5 to make some scenarios completely different from the next one, only that those that behave "normally" according to our expectations tend to be disregarded by our brain.

With that said, I usually see sensible, meaningful denunciations.

I am also using just CP and never see any denounces (unlike with CBP). When another CIV starts misbehaving, I will denounce them but no one else does despite having good and bad relationship between each civ as required. They do declare war. I decided to conquer a city state that was under protection and still no one denounces me. The relationships seems to have 3 states:
- Let be best friends
- I don't like you so no more trades
- War

I am also using just CP and never see any denounces (unlike with CBP). When another CIV starts misbehaving, I will denounce them but no one else does despite having good and bad relationship between each civ as required. They do declare war. I decided to conquer a city state that was under protection and still no one denounces me. The relationships seems to have 3 states:
- Let be best friends
- I don't like you so no more trades
- War

This has been my experience as well. I think the key here is that we are not using the CBP, but rather solely the CP.

Top Bottom