1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI never denounces?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by HappyCompy, Feb 8, 2016.

1. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

I'm over 300 turns into a save and the AI hasn't denounced anyone. I'm playing with 21 AI, there have been several wars, but no denunciations. Is this an intended change in the CP?

I'm just using the Community Patch (not the Balance Patch). Fantastic mod!

EDIT: SO after playing several games I will say that the AI does in fact denounce, but not until much later in the game than in vanilla. I actually like this change, and I think it strikes a good balance. Thanks for all the feedback Gazebo!!!

2. IcyAngel

IcyAngel Prince

Perhaps an issue with the latest versions? Or another mod you are playing with.

AIs denounce all the time in my games!

3. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

Perhaps, I am using several added civs, but nothing that should change diplomacy....are you using only the Community Patch? Or are you also using the CBP?

4. black.dr

black.dr Chieftain

they never denounce me or any other in any game i play!! :( :rolleyes:

5. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Same here, never see any denouncements, I see DoWs, I am asked to stop settling/messing with CSs but never am I denounced.

6. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Something odd is happening with your games if you aren't seeing any, in my games denounciations are happening all over the place. Life-long enemies or former friends, it doesn't matter, the AI will denounce the AI if they are in a better winning position to themselves.

7. Kolaris

Kolaris Warlord

Once Ideologies kick in I see them all over the place.

8. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Ditto. I see none before then, just outright war.

9. Iamblichos

Iamblichos Prince

I'm seeing them

10. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Maybe because there aren't any really major negative diplomatic modifiers except ideologies for them to denounce. I mean the AI is believed to be thinking like a human. Would you really denounce a random forward settle risking any public diplomatic backlash that might occur or would you rather declare war and take/raze their city?

11. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

While I'm with you on this logic, when there's 22 civs and ZERO denunciations in 300 turns (Epic speed), I'm not sure that is working as intended.

We need to get the G himself in on this thread for an official proclamation.

12. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Depends. If I want to go to war anyway, I'll declare war. If I want to avoid war I'll do nothing. If I don't want either and I'm willing to lose allies who like them but maybe gain some, I'll denounce.

13. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

AI simulation I ran earlier today:

Spoiler :

I think we're okay. :)

G

14. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

I just ran an AI-only game with no mods (other than CP, Info Addict and IGE) to test.

Turn 240
    Standard Speed
    Version 2-10b

Not a single denunciation. Wars everywhere, but no denunciations.

When the same scenario is run with the "Smart AI" mod, denunciations start occurring around turn 200.

Of course, CP adds much more than the (brilliant by the way) "Smart AI" mod, so I would prefer to use it if at all possible.

Thank you, G! You are a :king:

15. Gazebo

Unless you are using the logs, spot-point data is not useful. Smart AI doesn't touch diplomacy hardly at all. My logs above highlight that there are plenty of denouncements.

G

16. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

Logging is enabled, but which log do you want me to post? (Please forgive me I'm relatively noobish at logs)

17. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Confirmation bias perhaps? I mean, there is enough variance game-to-game in Civ5 to make some scenarios completely different from the next one, only that those that behave "normally" according to our expectations tend to be disregarded by our brain.

With that said, I usually see sensible, meaningful denunciations.

18. M@drox

M@drox Chieftain

I am also using just CP and never see any denounces (unlike with CBP). When another CIV starts misbehaving, I will denounce them but no one else does despite having good and bad relationship between each civ as required. They do declare war. I decided to conquer a city state that was under protection and still no one denounces me. The relationships seems to have 3 states:
    - Let be best friends
    - I don't like you so no more trades
    - War

19. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

This has been my experience as well. I think the key here is that we are not using the CBP, but rather solely the CP.

20. Gazebo

There's zero difference, diplomatically-speaking.

G