AI & Promotions

Why? It'd be worse. You'd have to hover over all the AI units to keep track of the ones with more promotions. Much easier to see which are the dangerous ones at once.
Oh! OK! Thx! Can these small yellow icons be toggled away from view? I wouldn't want to see them all the time, only when I need to read the hints of the one I am about to attack.

You could disable promotion icons when toggling mods at the start of the game. The icons will go back to the default ones they were before, and they won't show up top.

Why? It'd be worse. You'd have to hover over all the AI units to keep track of the ones with more promotions. Much easier to see which are the dangerous ones at once.
Actually you are right, it helps in tactical decisions to see them all in one glance as well as on own units so as to leave the un-promoted ones where they are less likely to be engaged (city defense). I'll give it a try!

I downloaded the zip, but dont know where to copy it, there is no info. Also, is not EUI part of Vox install? In mod list I only see something like EUI compatibility files. Should I install EUI before installing this mod?

I downloaded the zip, but dont know where to copy it, there is no info. Also, is not EUI part of Vox install? In mod list I only see something like EUI compatibility files. Should I install EUI before installing this mod?
EUI is part of Vox Populi install, you don't need to install it manually. However, EUI is a weird mod as it is a "DLC mod": it is placed directly in the game folder, and enabled automatically when launching the game (that's why you don't see it in the mod selection menu). You can found it in your Steam Civ 5 folder, in "assets/DLC", its name is "ui_bc1".

So copy/overwirte all files/folders from the zip to ui_bc1 folder?
No, that's not what I meant.

You install Vox Populi with EUI as usual.
You unzip Flag Promotion EUI into your MODS folder (where all the usual mods are, not where the EUI is)
You enable the mods of Vox Populi and the mod Flag Promotion EUI (which is a regular mod).

Ah Ok, sorry I have no Idea how mods work in civ 5.
So copy the content of zip directly to Documents -> My Games -> Sid Meier's Civilization 5 -> MODS. (or create a subfolder there first?)

Ah Ok, sorry I have no Idea how mods work in civ 5.
So copy the content of zip directly to Documents -> My Games -> Sid Meier's Civilization 5 -> MODS. (or create a subfolder there first?)

No problems.
All the files of "Flag Promotion EUI" have to be in the same subfolder.
At the end, you want:

In the MODS folder, one folder for each of the mods of Vox Populi, and one folder for Flag Promotion EUI. You should not have any non-folder in your MODS folder.
In each mod folder, the ".modinfo" files must be immediately there, and not in another sub-folder.

No problems.
All the files of "Flag Promotion EUI" have to be in the same subfolder.
At the end, you want:

In the MODS folder, one folder for each of the mods of Vox Populi, and one folder for Flag Promotion EUI. You should not have any non-folder in your MODS folder.
In each mod folder, the ".modinfo" files must be immediately there, and not in another sub-folder.
Really, someone has to make a video explaining this.

Uh, so I copied the folder from zip and then I see it in the modlist. So I selected it in the mod list and created a new game. As soon as my scout got a promotion nothing appears above him. What am I doing wrong?

Uh, so I copied the folder from zip and then I see it in the modlist. So I selected it in the mod list and created a new game. As soon as my scout got a promotion nothing appears above him. What am I doing wrong?
I presume you have installed Promotion Flags v11. It works with EUI, so you have to have it installed too. If it still doesn't work, try removing cache folder.

Stupid question, do you start the new game from within the mod menu? Or do you go back to main menu?

Yes, from the mod menu. Did not go back (otherwise vox wouldnt be loaded either). In the mod menu I enabled the mod before clicking next, by clicking on the radio button, which became green. I installed the version from url linked here in this thread (prev page). I installed pre-last version (I think June 2?) of Vox, from the link of that patch thread. That should have installed EUI as I understand. I installed civ 5 clean - > next vox. And never anything else! So cache integrity cannot be the problem. Is it possible that for scouts this doesnt work, only for military units?

Yes, from the mod menu. Did not go back (otherwise vox wouldnt be loaded either). In the mod menu I enabled the mod before clicking next, by clicking on the radio button, which became green. I installed the version from url linked here in this thread (prev page). I installed pre-last version (I think June 2?) of Vox, from the link of that patch thread. That should have installed EUI as I understand. I installed civ 5 clean - > next vox. And never anything else! So cache integrity cannot be the problem. Is it possible that for scouts this doesnt work, only for military units?
If the units have no promotions, it won't show anything yet.

Yeah, but my scout does have several, and they are not shown (on top of unit).

Yeah, but my scout does have several, and they are not shown (on top of unit).
When you are playing, you can open the menu (Escape), then click on "mods", you should see the list of enabled mods. Can you confirm Flag Promotion is part of them?

Issue resolved! The problem was that the icons were so tiny I didn't see them first. As soon as I changed my glasses everything was fine :). Thx for the help!

Btw, is there any plan to incorporate leader traits? I was a bit surprised how Songhai jumped on me ignoring terrain penalties, just because his unit was standing next to a river.

Btw, is there any plan to incorporate leader traits? I was a bit surprised how Songhai jumped on me ignoring terrain penalties, just because his unit was standing next to a river.
PromoFlags_Settings.lua of the mod has a "ShowLeaderTraitPromos" parameter.
If it is to true, then promotions from leader traits should be displayed [unless those promotions were not tagged correctly as promotions from leader traits...].
There is also a "ShowUnitFreePromos" parameter you can toggle to true.

Top Bottom