[NFP] AI seems to offer everything in a Peace Deal

Lily_Lancer

Deity
This version is a good version for record breakers, as the old trade bug that AI gives away all its cities happen again.

You only need to declare war, and then the AI will offer you all cities and all its gold, GPT, etc. for a peace deal.

Terrible version.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 10.21.40 PM.png

It happened to me with Germany.
Spoiler :

In a peace deal, when I asked for 1 city, he asked ~10'000 Gold and all my GPT. Then, when I asked for all the tradable cities (some cities can't be traded, likely those with Strategic Ressources in use), he asked no Gold at all.

There is clearly something wrong: some overflow or somehting.

One of the many reasons I won't play into the next patch. Hopefully, they will fix this faster than other bugs introduced by this year's updates. This one was introduced in the September update.

If they release another pass next year, I hope they give up on the monthly updates and switch to a bimonthly model. They're introducing bugs faster than they can fix. There isn't a lot of advantages in having updates so often if they break the game one month, but then take 2-3 months to fix it.

Wtf how did we regress?

Yeah, it's back. The AI won't always give you every city in a peace deal, but they value cities extremely low relative to Gold. Military Strength for the AI is hugely undercalculated right now also, so their 15 unit army only appears to be about 200.

This patch is a mess. So many bugs. Can anyone build Liang's city parks? Flip cities with cultists? I can't.
Oh yeah, and adding great works to an already occupied slot deletes the previous one. Good stuff.

Pretty embarrassing. I pre-purchased the whole NF pack and I would gladly settle for no more new Civs or game modes and instead they just fix the five worst remaining bugs in each remaining update.

... If they release another pass next year, I hope they give up on the monthly updates and switch to a bimonthly model. They're introducing bugs faster than they can fix. There isn't a lot of advantages in having updates so often if they break the game one month, but then take 2-3 months to fix it.
This.
I admit I'm a slow player due to RL necessities and liking epic speed, huge maps.
I stopped playing now and will wait for a while because my last game crashed after update and the next one is already coming in...
Furthermore it's the optimization and bug crushing that would help the game in general, not the additional stuff.

Concerning the peace deal bug - agreed - one of the bigger ones...

Had a bug yesterday too, regarding trade deals. Peter would initially ask for 2 luxes and 5gpt for a great work, but as I "haggled" he kept upping the price to about 2 luxes, horses, iron and 15gpt. About 3-4 turnus later I tried to trade him again, and by accident I clicked on a few iron instead of gold and then his great work. He refused the initial deal, and when I clicked "what would it take?", the trade went green and he sold me a great work of writing for 4(!) iron. He was super stocked up on iron too (60-70) so there was clearly a bug at play.
Needless to say, I cleaned him out for 4 great works before he refused selling me any others. It felt like cheating either way.

Perhaps related, but I did initially trade him some diplo favour for gold, then bought two great works for "normal" prices (when my haggling failed me) before he basically donated me everything, so perhaps there was some overflow involved or similar.

I think it's fixed. The AI is not being anywhere near as generous in Peace Deals.

That might be correct in general, but as shown above there ware cases where something is clearly buggy and the give up too much stuff (see posts, cases and save in previous post).

I have an example as well - ok, I'm stronger and I was able to take one of his cities (which flipped indepent again), but I don't think that peace deal (both pics are parts of the same offer!) is justified:
Spoiler :

GenerousPeaceOffer.jpg

GenerousPeaceOffer2.jpg

Attachments

• 1.0.6.9GenerousPeaceRagnar.Civ6Save
    4.5 MB · Views: 45
We seem to be at a point now where the AI will offer up cities in Peace Deals but not just lavish you with everything but their capital once you get a slight Military Strength advantage. For awhile there it was just a matter of surviving the initial rush, even tempting it with a forward settle or Walls built to 1 Turn left, then you could ask for and receive 3-4 cities in the Peace Deal. Hmmm, Peace and 14 raw gold or Peace and 3 cities? Let me think....

I have a Matthias Deity game going that I was playing yesterday. Maya and Gandhi both surrendered cities in a Peace Deal but only after the results were apparent; in both cases I had stripped the Walls from their capital and would have taken it the following turn. Instead I got cities with their infrastructure intact and, in India's case, circled back around for the capital in 10 turns.

I like there to be a happy medium between every AI being stubborn Gorgo and every AI rolling over like a startled armadillo. We might be there.

So John Curtin just surrendered Ballarat and Geelong, relinquished Sydney and Brisbane along with ~120 Gold and 20 political favor (no Iron!) in a Peace Deal where my Military Strength had him two-to-one. My friend Gaul was pressing from the East and Barbs from the North. I'm going to have to shift some Government Cards and Governors to hold these. Does this seem overpowered or appropriate?

Spoiler :
upload_2020-10-31_15-21-4.png

Nope, still broken. I mean Basil did declare on me, I was going to get there after pounding through his walls but instead a Peace Deal for 4 of his 5 cities and 20 Diplomatic Favor (no Gold) seems much less messy. Here I had a smidge of an advantage in perceived Military Strength, not overwhelming. I am Akkad's suzerain so Walls aren't that big of a deal though.

Drat, this was a good Teddy start. Hall of Fame worthy.

Spoiler :
upload_2020-10-31_23-59-0.png

I wont take cities, I can ignore it and mark it as bug in my head. But I dont know are other peace deals broken, looks like i can always get peace without anything else on both sides, even when AI is winning war.

I wont take cities, I can ignore it and mark it as bug in my head. But I dont know are other peace deals broken, looks like i can always get peace without anything else on both sides, even when AI is winning war.

I have found that this also seems to depend on who has started the war. If the AI has DoWed you, they are much less likely to sign peace soon at all and if they do, they tend to demand more. If you attack them, they often sign peace as soon as it is possible again. This is probably partly because the first type of war is more likely to be "won" by the AI, but I have the feeling that this doesn't explain all of it.

Top Bottom