AI stops expeditions one turn before they are finished

alpaca

King of Ungulates
As the title says. I observed this behaviour several times now: the AI starts an expedition, but with one turn left to put in, it removes the explorer and goes somewhere else.

I should also note that the "x turns left to finish" map mouse-over tooltip is off by one turn. This bug was in Civ5 and it's in BE. It might be related to the incorrect AI behaviour.

I noticed this as well, at least the part where AI explorers just decide to leave sites alone after an ongoing expedition, I didn't notice it was exactly one turn before finishing.

After reading this thread, I've noticed the AI behavior in my games as well.

The expedition site is visually gone, so its easy to overlook it, but its there. 1 turn remaining.

I'll try grabbing a quick save if possible, but its easy enough to recreate.

I would love to see a save demonstrating this occurring. Thanks much!

I know I've seen this, where the AI explorer was working on a crashed satellite and then left just before they finished, and I was able to claim it instead. Not sure if I have a save file with this though..

I would love to see a save demonstrating this occurring. Thanks much!

Not hard to set up. Build explorers, camp excavation sites. :) Here you go:

AI Dig save:
-On the dig site just north of Central
Doaming has just set up her explorer last turn. End turn. She moves and leaves the site unfinished. A few turns later Hutama moves his explorer on the site and it immediately is removed (a quest I have tied to the site is failed). First it shows, the AI just leaving sites. Second it shows only 2 turns between 2 explorers to finish an excavation? (Normal speed).

AI Dig 2 save:
-South of Palatine outpost
Doaming again has just set up the excavation last turn. End turn. She moves and leaves the site unfinished. It stays that way for a long time (invisible on the map, but visible when scrolling over the tile). If I move my scout there, it will take 6 turns to finish.

AI Dig 3 save:
-North of Nhiet Tinh
(Delete/send out caravan) End Turn. Doaming sets up an exploration on the skeleton. Start turn, end turn. Doaming finishes excavation, manticore appears in the city. The AI finishes the excavation this time but in only 2 turns? I've watched this site since before any other factions landed on the planet. It has not been pre-worked.

I am also camping two excavation sites between Jimboomba and Pembela, but Hutuma declares war and kills the scout.

Attachments

• AI dig.CivBESave
    472.5 KB · Views: 142
  • AI dig 2.CivBESave
    542.7 KB · Views: 109
  • AI dig 3.CivBESave
    550.1 KB · Views: 121
Top Bottom