AI strategy flags

Keroro

Dororo: Ninja Frog
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to mod a migrant unit into a scenario. I want a unit, two or three pop cost, that can add to a city but not carry out any other significant actions. I'm aware that the AI can be a bit thick when it comes to using unusual units, and I'm uncertain as to what AI flag the unit should have. Does anyone know how I should do this.

A poblem I can foresee are that the original worker is the only unit (IIRC) that can join a city, but I don't want to give the migrant all the worker orders so I won't be able to flag the unit as a 'terraform' unit.

Has anyone had a similar problem / found a solution? Anyone know a combination of settings that will encourage the AI to join a unit to a city?

Any help would be terrific. :)

there's only one way: if the city limit of 256 cities on the map is reached, the AI chooses to add his settlers to his cities.

otherwise i have never seen it, that the AI joins his settlers or workers to his cities.

EDIT: OF COURSE, the limt is 512, not 256 cities.

Jatibi - Thanks for the answer :), though it's quite frustrating. I wasn't planning on having quite that many cities around.

Maybe a different approach - does the AI (in mods) ever join obsolete military units to it's cities? I'm thinking that maybe I could have a 1 attack 1 defence unit, costing a couple of pop points and give it the join city flag but NOT the disband flag. The only way to get rid of it would be to join it to a city. Could this work? I'm guessing that the AI is still to dumb to work it out.

Top Bottom