• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

AI tolerance for settling locations

RedRover57

Emperor
Using the previous non-beta build (March 9th?) and playing as Pedro on an NQ pangaea map, Emperor difficulty, I settled my second city away from Hiawatha (see screenshot). However, he still complained about me settling in lands that he considers his own and I had to tell him that I will settle where I please since I planned to settle a third city in the SE next to the bison (all that beautiful jungle).

Spoiler :

Is the AI tolerance for where you can settle different for different civs? Hiawatha had plenty of room to settle so not sure why he would consider where I settled to be his land. Seems odd. I settled 2 more cities (SE bison area and NW) and stopped expanding at that point, so eventually he became friendly (although he got completely wiped out by Sweden to his east).

Thanks. The game went fairly smoothly otherwise except there was a quirk or 2 that I noticed. One issue was that sometime in the mid-late game I bought another round of open borders (to help push tourism) and it did not register for some reason. This was with friendly AI's that had previously sold me open borders no problem for 3 gpt. The open borders option became grayed out and I was not able to get open borders with them for the rest of the game. Not a huge deal, but it did extend the length of the game before winning a cultural victory.

Top Bottom