AI Unit Building Choices

Brucha

King
My question is rather straight forward. For example, lets say the AI of a certain civ has the following units that it can produce:

Cavalry Unit: Shield Cost 110, Att 5 Def 4, Move 3, listed as offensive unit
Infantry Unit: Shield Cost 130, Att 6 Def 5, Move 1, listed as offensive/defensive unit
Militia Unit: Shield Cost 100, Att 4, Def 4, Move 1, listed as defensive unit

What would the AI consider its prime offensive unit to be, the cavalry or infantry and which units would it build for offense and defense?

I am hoping the answer will be that the AI would consider the Infantry unit the prime offensive unit, but I am unsure.

Um, I believe Infantry is 6/10/1 for 90 shields. I don't know what militia is.
Is this from civ 3 or maybe a mod?

Um, I believe Infantry is 6/10/1 for 90 shields. I don't know what militia is.
Is this from civ 3 or maybe a mod?

No, its for Civ3, but with hypothetical units to make my point. I am trying to understand the mechancis of unit production by the AI for modding purposes. I need to know what the Ai uses as criteria for unit production to mod units so that infantry (which would have the highest attack/defense stats) would be biult more by the AI than cavalry (which would have a lower att/def).

EDIT: I guess my question is, does the AI choose a units with the highest att stat as its primary attack unit, or would it be a combination of stats, such as att, def and movement as wella s other abilites as blitz, etc.

It sounds like your attributing some flexibility to the AI. IMHO the Infantry is always used as a defender by the AI and the Cavalry is always used as an offensive unit.

It sounds like your attributing some flexibility to the AI. IMHO the Infantry is always used as a defender by the AI and the Cavalry is always used as an offensive unit.

But is this hard-coded? In Civ3 Editor, you can change the AI Strategy for units as far as offense and defense. Will this change the AI's use of units then?

IMHO the Infantry is always used as a defender by the AI and the Cavalry is always used as an offensive unit.

The AI seems to stop producing cavalry once it can produce infantry and then uses infantry for both attack and defense. That's what happened in two of my recent games.

The AI seems to stop producing cavalry once it can produce infantry and then uses infantry for both attack and defense. That's what happened in two of my recent games.

In most games that I play (Especially AOI), the AI tends to produce cavalry if they have the highest attack strength and are set for AI Strategy as Offensive. However, I am hoping to get an exact process of AI unit building.

Top Bottom