Aid Requests

azmundai

Chieftain
Wth is going on with aid requests? Im 4 turns into trying to give aid to a civ, ive sent two gifts of 10 gpt each and im in last place. i love these systems that provide zero feedback on how these civs are generating ridiculous scores when they are making 1/4 the gold im making .. at this raid ill have to give like 10k gold to win an aid request, and 6 other civs will have given 7-8k gold .. who designs this garbage?

yea they are just sending all of their gpt .. they have dropped from ~200 gpt to 30ish gpt since the mission started. so a civ that needs ~1000 gold to buy a few builders is going to get 20k gold ... thats a well designed game mechanic if i ever saw one. new victory condition already dead. great job. I could probably still win it .. but its stupid. im not sending him 10k gold to repair a few tiles, which are probably as good if not better than they were when they were improved because they probably got bonus yields .. #crazypills. clearly untested.

I mentioned it in a different thread earlier, but the player also benefits from the new, broken system. I had an aid request and each of the other AI players was sending me 10GPT + X Gold every three turns or so. It's completely broken.

Yeah this needs to get fixed. Had an aid emergency where Shake gave over 8000 gold to Dido. And others weren't far behind.

Well I must definitely be doing something wrong then, because I dont remember AIs voting to support my aid request, not even allies :/ Not that I NEED them, but I wasnt hoping that allies would vote against me, and support people they have a "red face" relationship with.

They probably do "Send Aids" projects

It is also tedious being the recipient of aid having to click through half a dozen civs offering aid to me every turn for 30 turns. That meant ~5civs*30turns*2clicks = 300 clicks for one aid session!

It is also tedious being the recipient of aid having to click through half a dozen civs offering aid to me every turn for 30 turns. That meant ~5civs*30turns*2clicks = 300 clicks for one aid session!
They're not supposed to send you aid every turn any more - if you have a save that reliably reproduces the same Civ sending you aid two turns in a row, you may want to post it in the bugs forum.

They need to fix it somehow.

Yesterday I had a game where an AI came up to me with a missionary to my religous capital city. I knew what he had in mind so I just quickly bought a missionary to have ready. Next round he converts my capital city and triggers a religous emergency to keep his religion away as the dominant religon in my capital city. I of course accept the emergency, as the only one and uses my newly bought missionary to convert my capital city back to my own religion. The AI never seriously attempted to convert the city once again - practilly ending up with giving me 2,600 gold for a succeeded emergency aid.

I mean the idea of emergencies are cool but there are too many places, where there are flaws to the system.

I don't send gold just do projects.

I have found spending gold to be so much more effective. Finishing a project provides so little in comparison to gold. Gold is 1 point per gold. On the other hand, finishing projects does not give your opponent any production nor gold. But in the end, giving gold to the AI is quite harmless. He'll just squander it anyway.

As I said before, the easy fix is to change this event so that only the Send Aid project gives points. No more gold for points.

I have found spending gold to be so much more effective. Finishing a project provides so little in comparison to gold. Gold is 1 point per gold. On the other hand, finishing projects does not give your opponent any production nor gold. But in the end, giving gold to the AI is quite harmless. He'll just squander it anyway.

You're right. It's better to run a market project and then give the gold away. This way, you get GPPs. The send aid project gives slightly less points (50 points versus 60 gold) without the GPPs.

The only upside to the send aid project is that you get points towards winning the competition and the receiver gets nothing in return. In other words, the send aid project, once completed, does not give the receiver anything.

Another thing about aid requests that makes no sense is how a civ at war with another one can win the aid request while destroying the civ they're aiding. I just had Teddy win an aid request for Freleanor while taking out three of her cities, including her capital. Is he paying her for them?

Another thing about aid requests that makes no sense is how a civ at war with another one can win the aid request while destroying the civ they're aiding. I just had Teddy win an aid request for Freleanor while taking out three of her cities, including her capital. Is he paying her for them?

That actually makes perfect sense for the US.

Top Bottom