ALC Game #10: India/Asoka

but Hannibal is pretty popular. how ever you could use him or Ragnar for a sea based game

but Hannibal is pretty popular. how ever you could use him or Ragnar for a sea based game
Is he? I hardly ever see him mentioned on the boards. We'll see, I'll have to give it some thought.

and i dont really like numidan Calvary. but his UB is awesome for water starts and he has some new traits Chm

Newcomer to the Civ series here; enjoyed the thread and looking forward to more.

Quick tactics question: Right after knocking off Toku, you were basically even/leading in tech, by far stronger in terms of military, and had several good production cities. Would it have been just as viable to, instead of continuing the war machine, focus on tech to space (while still building up as a deterrent), and also build a bunch of planes to declare war and sabotage an enemy's economy if someone else got close? It struck me while reading this that your decision to attack Rag might have been a big risk, had sudden peace broken out on the other continent, and Churchill suddenly lept out ahead in the space race ...

Newcomer to the Civ series here; enjoyed the thread and looking forward to more.

Quick tactics question: Right after knocking off Toku, you were basically even/leading in tech, by far stronger in terms of military, and had several good production cities. Would it have been just as viable to, instead of continuing the war machine, focus on tech to space (while still building up as a deterrent), and also build a bunch of planes to declare war and sabotage an enemy's economy if someone else got close? It struck me while reading this that your decision to attack Rag might have been a big risk, had sudden peace broken out on the other continent, and Churchill suddenly lept out ahead in the space race ...
I think that would have been a viable option. I guess I was just nervous sitting next to an aggressive civ and a bit of an unknown quantity and decided the best option was a first strike--or the best defense being a good offense. I was still very new to Warlords and everyone was warning me that Ragnar can be troublesome. My diplomatic rating with him was falling and I didn't want to take any chances. In addition, as I said in the pre-game thread, I thought that Asoka's traits lent themselves to warmongering, so in a way I was attempting to prove that.

On another note, the ALC game #11 pre-game thread is now up--go to it, gang!

Top Bottom