Alerum's Unaltered Game Play

Cammagno said:
I haven't understood this :confused: Their status of stagnant or starvation-stricken cities is shown by the color of the circle (or star) in which the "pop number" is displayed.

WOW, I didn't realize that. thanks a lot for pointing that out :D

This mod is not 'taking' for me - it use to. Any suggestions?

ruff_hi said:
This mod is not 'taking' for me - it use to. Any suggestions?

Have you installed any other MODs into your CustomAssets folder, or are you playing another MOD from your MOD folder? In the past I would install MODs and not realize that one file would be overwritten and that one file could prevent the first MOD from running. I'd suggest reinstall my MOD Pack again and see if that fixes it. You may need to merge the new mod you want into mine with something like WinMerge.

If this doesn't work, let me know if you are getting any error messages during start up.

Thanks!

I initially had blue marble and your v1.03 mod pack installed. It stopped working - no dialog box asking for a log file and nothing else loaded (advisors, etc). I went to dos @ custom assets and "del *.* /s /q" which deleted everything under customassets - I assume this kills off all the mods - my startup screen doesn't include blue marble anymore.

I then downloaded your v1.05 and unzipped it to custom assets (still didn't load). I then installing it as a mod, started the mod via the advanced menu and started a new game - still didn't work.

I am getting an error screen when I loaded your mod pack as a mod and open an existing save file (see attachment).

So, I think the above completely clears out the mods so it isn't a problem with another mod. Suggestions?

Attachments

• mod problem.JPG
    mod problem.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 288
Playing with Marble Earth shouldn't affect the Pack. I use it myself.

When you unzipped it did you check to make sure you didn't copy the 'CustomAssets' folder into the already existing 'custom assets' folder so it reads
'MyGames/Civ4/CustomAssets/python' instead of 'MyGamesCiv4CustomAssets/CustomAssets/Python'?

When you deleted, I don't think there were any hidden directories, but you may want to try and completely delete the whole 'CustomAssets' folder and just copy the MOD directly over that way.

Could you also zip up the log directory and post it so I can see what's going on?

As for it not working as a standalone MOD it won't until you change the 'CustomAssets' directory name to just 'Assets'.

Where do I find the log? For the mod, I created a 'Alerum's Combined Interface' folder under the MOD directory. I did get the message (top right) in the front screen that I was running under your mod.

Does checking 'no cheating' have an impact? For info - I'm running v1.52.

there is a directory in your MyGames folder called "logs". You will still get the message that the pack is installed, but all that is saying is that you are running that directory as your main directory now. What you need to do is rename the folder 'CustomAssets' to 'Assets' instead of that directory you created.

Checking any of the options in the Customize Game screen will have no affect on the mod. I've used them all and they've ran. Another option would be to turn RemoteAccess on your computer and let me call in and take a look at your directory structures.

here is the log (see zip) and a picture on my file structure.

Attachments

• mod problem 2.JPG
    mod problem 2.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 167
I don't know whats going on Ruff. It may have picked up some errors while you were downloading. Also, the Logs you sent didn't have PythErr or PythErr2 in it, so it's not an Python error, and your legs are saying that the XML loaded properly. The only thing I find is that inside of init in the logs it's saying that no mod is running, so for some reason the MOD just isn't loading up for you.:( Try redownloading it and see if that helps. Other then that I'm not sure what is wrong.

Edit: Did you install any MODs into your 'Assets' folder in the main Civ directory?

alerum68 said:
Did you install any MODs into your 'Assets' folder in the main Civ directory?

Nope. Guess it is just one of those PC things. Not to worry. The main mod I miss is the one that tells me which unit has promotions available.

Thanks for your trouble shooting on this.

You can download that mod seperate. It's called Plot List Enhancment by 12Monkeys and I have it linked on my front page. Sorry we couldn't fix the problem.:(

Could you please instruct me step-by-step, how to install your Mod? I unzipped it into program files/Firaxis Games/Civ4/Mods & it didn't work.

Sorry for my Noob question.....

If you want to run as a stand alone MOD:

rename 'CustomAssets' to 'Assets' in the Alerum's Unaltered Gameplay folder.

If you want to have it set up so it is the default every time you play:

copy 'CustomAssets' to your MyGame/Civ4/ folder, and make sure it overwrites the current 'CustomAssets' folder. If you wish to return to original game play then just delete that folder and Civ4 will produce a new one the next time it starts up.

Well, I found out what was wrong!

I re-imaged my machine, updated the display driver, reloaded CIV 4, patched to v1.52, downloaded the latest mod from here, loaded a saved file and still this this mod wasn't 'taking':confused:

I started another custom game with 'no cheating' NOT checked and the mod loaded :goodjob:
I started another custom game with 'no cheating' checked and the mod did NOT load :confused:

Solution: Mod doesn't load if you select 'no cheating'

I had issues with installing this mod. When I dled it, it had the read me, some other stuff, and the assets folder. Is that all I need, because I thought the custom assets came in a mod folder. Maybe I just messed up. If anybody knows what I did wrong, tell me. Thanks.

I had it set up to have a "mod" folder, but user request asked me to take it down a level. If you want to make it a standalone mod then do this:

make a folder inside your MyGames/Civ4 folder called "Alerum's Unaltered Gameplay." After you do this copy the contents of the zip fil into this folder.

rename 'CustomAssets' to 'Assets' in the Alerum's Unaltered Gameplay folder.

If you want to have it set up so it is the default every time you play:

copy 'CustomAssets' to your MyGame/Civ4/ folder, and make sure it overwrites the current 'CustomAssets' folder. If you wish to return to original game play then just delete that folder and Civ4 will produce a new one the next time it starts up.

I would just like to state that this is the best mod yet. It's simple, yet elegant. I love it a bunch.

If I were to make it always load up at the start of the game, do I change, in the civ 4 folder, the customassets folder or just the assets folder? Thanks again for your help.

Top Bottom