All-AI game?

Xineoph

Prince
I'm just interested to know if I can set up games where I don't participate at all (short of clicking next turn and viewing the map) and just view AI attack/trade/etc.

I know this was possible in Civ2 with the Set Human Player to none cheat (even better if that civ would get destroyed and you played without respawn).

But, I'm not sure I can do the same here.

As for curiosity sakes, I just do it in a vain attempt to map AI logic when there is zero human interference.

I dont know if you can set the AIs to duke it out without a human player in game but I think you might be able to set up something somewhat similar. Generate a map and go into worldbuilder, move your settler to a corner and build up tons of mountains surrounding him and maybe an ocean moat. Then give your civ the satellites tech and any others that give visibility of the map without the need for units. Then you can just settle your city which will only be able to work its own tile and build research or wealth (probably not culture because that could spread your presence outside of the mountains and allow other civs to meet you) and just observe the rest of the map and civs.

It's just an idea and I dont know if that would work but I am actually really curious to try it out now.

Edit1: If you do build an ocean moat, build mountains on every coastal tile that touches the ocean moat so no cities can be settled there.
(the landmass you make for yourself should be made up of only mountains anyways.)

I know they used to run all-AI games when testing Civ4 during development, not sure how it would be done with the finished version though.

I dont know if you can set the AIs to duke it out without a human player in game but I think you might be able to set up something somewhat similar. Generate a map and go into worldbuilder, move your settler to a corner and build up tons of mountains surrounding him and maybe an ocean moat. Then give your civ the satellites tech and any others that give visibility of the map without the need for units. Then you can just settle your city which will only be able to work its own tile and build research or wealth (probably not culture because that could spread your presence outside of the mountains and allow other civs to meet you) and just observe the rest of the map and civs.

It's just an idea and I dont know if that would work but I am actually really curious to try it out now.

Edit1: If you do build an ocean moat, build mountains on every coastal tile that touches the ocean moat so no cities can be settled there.
(the landmass you make for yourself should be made up of only mountains anyways.)

I've never used it, as it would be a nuisance normally, but there is an option to view all AI moves.

Also, you can just set your isolated city to do auto-production and automate workers. You would still need to fortify any units that were built.

Top Bottom