Alpha testing of v3.4

Did you load a save ingame? It seems like the CEP (like GEM) has trouble with the tech tree after loading games from ingame.

Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately it still doesn't help us with what we have.

The <Cost> of a vanilla aqueduct is 180 and the <Cost> of both the UBs is 100.
After bumping both of them up to 200 it still gives the Indus Sanitation as the food building upon Tradition Finisher.

Unless the GetProductionCost() is not referring to the value set in <Cost>?

That section in the code that checks for National Wonders needs to have a check for Unique buildings as well.

I reckon it might be possible to write a Lua function to modify that to check for them.

I just checked the C++ code for legalism and it's almost identical to the code for the finisher except they make an additional check to see if the player can actually construct the building, "canConstruct(eBuilding)". This is actually pretty frustrating since the code looks like it was copy/pasted and it looks like the additional check didn't make it through.

It would be an easy dll fix but the less complex thing to do would be to lower the FoodKept value back to vanilla and increase the build cost slightly from vanilla aqueducts. And to improve the building in another way. Basin could have a +1 :c5gold: on flood plains and Indus could have a flat +2 :c5food: bonus? I'm not sure, there's a reason I don't participate in balancing discussions.

Yeah that would probably do it.
Or, we could change the Tradition finisher to something else.

I can appreciate more and more Thal's determination to change the fundamentals of the way the game does things. The programmers at Firaxis are either lazy, uncommitted, stupid or a combination of all three. (to any Firaxis employees that might be reading this please feel free to contact me and dispute that observation.:D)

Anyway, I going to move onto some other areas, way too much time on this.

@stackpointer your skills in reading C++ code should not be undervalued here, they amount to just as much or even more in making this a well maintained mod.:goodjob:

Anyone else growing tired of the way Barbarians and camps are now?

I keep losing my scouts to only two barbs when they box him in where he can't get away and without the Honor policy opener it's impossible to fortify and stay alive against more than 1 barbarian since CEP did away with the scouts +50% defensive bonus upgrades. Meanwhile the AI can go anywhere they want fighting off three or more barbs at a time with their scout and can wipe out camps with a single warrior.

With the gold increase for clearing camps I can understand giving barbs in the camp a larger defensive bonus but do we really need all the wandering barbs having the same attack strength as a Civ? It slows exploration for the human player allowing the AI to snag more goody huts and you can't automate exploration because your scouts will run right in the middle of camps and get killed. You also have to have a small army just to defend your capitol's improvements since a single archer doesn't do enough ranged damage per turn to prevent a couple of barbs from destroying everything first since they heal every time they pillage.

Right now barbarians are nothing but an annoyance for the human player and they don't really add anything to the game because the AI steals most of the camps now that they have auto clear and a huge attack bonus against Barbs. I'd honestly rather see a reduction in gold for camps and their strength put back closer to vanilla than the way it is now. And I'd like to see the auto clear function in it's current form done away with and the AI given a more reasonable attack bonus against barbs so that they actually lose a unit once in a while.

I like the way barbarians work in the mod. They should be a challenge, and you should have to build a small army to protect your improvements. I know we'd rather use that production towards a granary, shrine, or other building. Barbarians the way they are makes that a risky decision.

I do agree that maybe the AIs have too much of an advantage versus barbarians. 1 AI unit should not be able to destroy 3 barbarian units around it. They should have some advantage because AIs aren't as smart as human players. It necessary so that they are able to clear camps too, but maybe it's a little too high.

The 3.34 situation makes barbarians frustrating and not rewarding at all. Barbarians spawning and pillaging without the prospect of reward because camps disappear is not fun and the ai auto killing them so that barbarians are a player only handicap makes it even less enjoyable. I hope the situation has been improved in 3.4. Even if the AI failed to clear camps the old situation was overall highly preferable to me.

CAT and CEG were updated at Civfanatics today - congratulations! The version numbers at the download pages still shows "3.3.4", though ingame the mods are labelled "3.4".

Minor nitpick for 3.4: "National Happiness" still is listed as a building in the Civilopedia.

Additional nitpick: the Iroquois longhouse change is in the Denmark section of CEL__A_I

Spoiler :
<!-- Denmark
-->
<Building_YieldModifiers>
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_LONGHOUSE</BuildingType>
<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
<Yield>10</Yield>
</Row>
</Building_YieldModifiers>
<Buildings>

Noobie question: I have the zip files and Mod Buddy... but I can't figure out how to actually build a civ5mod file. I can only build "soultions" but that seems to do nothing? I have no clue I just want to try this mod out. Thank you for your time.

The barbary port is currently a normal port. Does it need: <TrainedFreePromotion>PROMOTION_PRIZE_SHIPS</TrainedFreePromotion>

Before I forget, anybody else encounter a catapult with the withdraw from melee attacks promotion? I spent around a dozen turns chasing a catapult deep within my territory while I was assaulting the AI's capital. It would continuously withdraw from all my attacks and pillage my improvements.

Top Bottom