Alternately Religious Europe?

Ekolite

Deity
Has anyone ever managed to get Europe (Medieval, and Classical civs) as a whole to follow another religion instead of Christianity? I knowyou occasionally get the odd Islamic England and Scandinavia, but every civ?

If so, do you have any tips? Which religion is easiest, how do you go about it, etc? I see it as a kind of alternate objective to teh UHV in some games. The Closest I've ever got is starting as China, and not doing particularly well leading to Greece founding Confunctionism, it then spread to Rome and for a short while they were Confunction. However, by the time I had switched to Russia, Greece had collapsed and Rome had converted to Christianity :mad:.

So any tips?

I played as Babylon in my last game, Christianity was founded in Jerusalem before it flipped to me. When it did I disbanded the city. Islam is the main religion in Europe now.

If you can get rid of the Christian holy city or make it be founded in another far off civ eg. China, Europe would usally turn Islamic as its coded to be the fastest spreading religion.

I was eight turns from founding Confucianism with Carthage before China beat me to it. Jerusalem was destroyed, so Christianity and Judaism weren't going anywhere. I'm going to see if I can do this again somehow...

I’ve had a few games where the Christian holy city has been razed. Usually in that case Europe goes Muslim. I have also seen a Buddhist Europe.

In an Arabian game I managed to get a fully Islamic Europe except for France, so it definetly can be done. In that game I used a combo of the Arabian UP and missionary spamming.

Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam are the fastest-spreading religions in the code, so if the Christian Holy City is razed, (or disbanded in a flip :crazyeye:) then you will usually see an Islamic Europe with one or two Buddhist states, since the Islamic Holy City is closer to Europe than the Buddhist Holy City.

Yeah, that would make for an interesting game. Anyone ever done either of the Chinese Religions? I'm thinking you'd have to play as Greece at first, found the religion, raze the Christian Holy City, and survive untill the middle ages to spread it to the Europeans.

On a similiar note, anyone every converted the whole world to a single religion?

In one of my games (excluding China/India/Mongolia) every civ was Islamic (or free religion.)

I’ve had a few games where the Christian holy city has been razed. Usually in that case Europe goes Muslim. I have also seen a Buddhist Europe.

In most America games I play (3000BC Start), I end up with Islamic Europe, except fom France, which ends up Buddhist

Wow this was from a long time ago. Since then I've managed to found Taoism as Rome leading to a Taoist Europe ;).

Well, I've got a game going as Russia currently, and Europe has been Jewish, because Persia destroyed Arabia, and Rome razed Burdigala (the Chirstian Holy City this time around) before Christianity had any time to spread (I know because I started at 3000 BC as China, and I check the state of the world in WB every few turns). So, Europe is Jewish.

Being Jewish, I was quite pleased to discover such a thing.

It's like when I spawned as Portugal and found Hindu Spain, Buddhist France, Jewish Germany, and Confucian Netherlands. Oddly the religion that eventually spread to me was Christianity.

Top Bottom