1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Always War Deity Montezuma

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Mark1031, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Mark1031

Mark1031 Chieftain

Here is an Always War game with Montezuma if anyone is interested in trying I’d be curious to know how you do and what you think. Are there any old time AW players still around here to take up the challenge. I won on T 183.

Deity

Pangea

Rise & Fall

Standard size and speed

Always War: You must declare war on every major civ when you meet them and never make peace. You may do as you wish with the city states.

" align="" border="0" />

Attached Files:

2. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Question, wouldn't this mean you succumb to war weariness? Afaik that only reduces when you're not at war anymore.

3. Mark1031

Mark1031 Chieftain

Well wars do end when you eliminate a player;). But it is very manageable esp with the Aztecs just accumulate luxs they go to 6 cities rather than 4.

4. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Interesting. Don't have R&F yet but will try this when I do.

5. ThERat

ThERat Chieftain

Sounds interesting. Anything to consider here or simply play and eliminate the rest as fast s possible?

6. Mark1031

Mark1031 Chieftain

You're an AW pro so I don't think so. The Aztecs are so powerful early and the workers you get so good at building up that you just crank archers and Eagle Warriors. That era fades quickly though but you can usually take 1 civ-1.5 civs with just that then Cities->$$->upgrade->roll. I'm playing a game now that has got a more urgent feel and I do not know if I will win even in the modern age. It was AWI, islands, Korea, and the rule is I can only keep capitals (since you can't raze anyway for a 1CC AW). The zulus are massive and finally developed a navy and are pushing back. Just beat back Kongo who was threat to launch and they attacked me with jet bombers and nuked me. Fun, I might have to try nukes.