Am I the only one who don't care about religion most o f the time?

Be careful when you are playing for a CV, though. The prevailing opinion seems to be that a religion really helps to that end.

Just played a slow boring game with Pedro going for a CV and made the mistake of not trying to found a religion or even earn that much faith. It got so boring I quit.

Be careful when you are playing for a CV, though. The prevailing opinion seems to be that a religion really helps to that end.

Just played a slow boring game with Pedro going for a CV and made the mistake of not trying to found a religion or even earn that much faith. It got so boring I quit.

Cant count the times I had to (as If I didn't want to...that man gets on my nerves for some reason by his very existence in the game) stomp my boots over Selassie just to prevent him for getting a CV with his religious spreading.

I'm just waiting for someone to mod athiesm, agnosticism or secular humanism. Then I'll be happy. :)

You don't even have to mod it. When you found a religion, you can rename it. Just pick an icon, name it, pick whatever tenets you want (probably the ones emphasizing science :D ).

I try to always get a religion, but whether I try to actively spread it around depends on who else is playing and how hard they are pushing their religion. Your own religion is easy to manage, just get an inquisitor for every city and you are immune to conversion (except from passive pressure), or if you don't want to spend the faith, just barricade you city with units so the GP's and missionaries can't get to it. Or play as Arabia, their double pressure on trade routes is stupidly powerful.

The benefits of a religion are definitely worth it.

Top Bottom