Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Peri
I think one problem that needs addressing is that even though you want it to start next term it will start immediately because there is no clause to prevent it.
I understand that this may seem silly but riders have to be part of the proposal rather than noted separately. This is to stop people tagging on whatever they want after the event. Same rule for everyone and all that. :)

Depends on your outlook really, if the people accept this proposal, than they also accepted the part about "These changes will take place at the start of Term 4." In my view, it doesn't need to "tag-along."

Well the citizens are only voting on the proposal. Any rider you put in not part of the codified proposal is irrelevant. If it is passed it goes into effect immediately. Sorry.

Originally posted by Peri
Well the citizens are only voting on the proposal. Any rider you put in not part of the codified proposal is irrelevant. If it is passed it goes into effect immediately. Sorry.

I still disagree with you on this. Nonetheless, watch this get the majority it needs to pass anyway :lol::lol:

Still, this won't come into effect immediantly, sense we would still have a conflict between the Constitution and Code of Laws that will need to be fixed.

Originally posted by Strider
Still, this won't come into effect immediantly, sense we would still have a conflict between the Constitution and Code of Laws that will need to be fixed.
His point is that it will come into effect immediately upon being passed (if it is passed that is), rule conflicts or not.

I urge all citiznes to vote NO on this proposal. This is all way too much, way too sudden. Any such amendment would decimate the CoL, as most of it would conflict with this new amendment, effectively throwing this game into more chaos than we've ever seen before.

While I'm glad, yes, that someone is expressing his or her opinion and trying to change things for what they view as better, this is NOT the right step to take. Any change of this magnitude should be carefully coordinated, not made in some rash decision.

Besides, the way the rider stating when the amendment is to take effect, if even legal, would specify that this amendment would take place at the beginning of term 3. No specification for Term 4 was made, and this attempt to amend the constitution was started in Term 2.

Even though this Amendment did not pass I do hope you will continue to put the same amount of enthusiasm and time into this game. You clearly worked hard on this proposal. You can always try again later. :)

Top Bottom