90: Met Venice. I like your ideas Tiberiu about the policies to speed Hanging Gardens, so I picked those and went for Mathematics. I also changed tiles so Washington will add a pop before Mathematics completes, and so the Library finishes on that turn and we can get spillover production. I checked Theo’s capital, she is building Colossus now. Also renewed the Caravan to Carthage, it’s good science/gold/ diplomacy even if we lose the 75 production later. Sicced her on Egypt for 12gpt around this time, so no distractions while building HG.
I unfortunately lost a Chariot to Dutch horseman. He has a Galleass so probably going to rush Sea Beggars and I think he could cause us trouble later. Bought 1 Chariot to replace and chopped out another.
Went for Engineering after Math, for Aqueduct after HG and to build some FORTS. I also built some tactical roads this round which can be deleted later, you can check them out.
Enhanced our religion. Temple happy and Defender of the faith were both taken. I took Just War. For the follower belief, it was between Religious community and Divine Inspiration. I took the latter for many small reasons:
1) RC wouldn’t shave another turn off HG, which we are set it to finish right as our Golden Age ends
2) Synergizes well with Just War for a strategy of converting and conquering the most Wondrous capitals first, likely Thebes
3) Less incentive to keep our religion in our expos after getting Pagodas = More faith for Prophets to leverage Just War
4) We will finish Liberty as we reach Theology and can hopefully use the Engineer on a Religious wonder to get +8 Faith in the short term. But it will pan out to much more Faith than this by saving on the religious buildings & getting their yields sooner.
5) Saves us short term production (and maintenance) on Shrines and Temples which we would otherwise need to buy Pagodas in time. We have been needing all our production for units and Walls so far.
Also, with Just War we don’t need a late game Faith sink either as Prophets will remain powerful. AKA we don’t need to finish Tradition for Engineers. Maybe we go for Monarchy very late, but no need for the growth bonus in a Dom game IMO especially with our wide empire. Put the points in Exploration/Rationalism instead. (B52s on Carriers for Greece and Byzantium?)
99: We could rightfully make white peace with William, so I did. I think this was because we re-allied Antananarivo and he had a 1 pop city right next to it, so felt threatened. I bought a grassland in Atlanta and finally settled Chicago on the desert to block available spots for his Settler:
Unfortunately this did trigger the modifier with Dido, but we can probably defend ourselves now; we're about to have more Trireme shields out and have upgraded all our Archers. Probably have a few turns though, because she is is still at war with Egypt. She also wants Open Borders but I’ve been saying no because she just wants to consolidate her Quinq army this way.
100: Omg, Theo got Hanging Gardens... We had 2 turns left. Sad, because now I’m not sure if Divine Inspiration was worth it. Maybe we can get still get Borobudur with the Engineer, but Venice has built Hagia Sofia so it seems less likely.
Good luck @Tiberiu
. My idea was to build 2 forts where the Spearmen are stationed. Also please check citizens. And be mindful of Supply, we are close to cap but the latest city will help us out.