[Col] Americas - a game of colonization

Hello everyone,

We are currently developing a remake of Colonization (1994) and want to present our current development version to anyone interested. It is free and runs in a browser and you can play it at https://play-americas.com right away (no sign up, no spam, no nothing).

If you have played Colonization you will find lots of almost exact similarities as well as many features missing. Some are simply not implemented yet and some will probably change heavily. The probably most obvious change we already committed to is the decision to not make it a turn based game. There are many small changes that come with that decision and some others we just felt we want.

So check it out and give us a brief feedback. For us it is extremely valuable to know what you think and if you like it just play the hell out of it!

It seems to be some real-time Colonization game on browswer.... yay, just what i need. I played around a bit, and its looking pretty much like the good old Col, which i really loved. I'll give it a longer shot next weeks.

Is there any quick way to find out, what profession my colonists are? The icons/cards are different, but I could not find out how to know what is shown there. The one with the cross... is that missionary? Jesuite? Preacher? How I can know without trying around a lot?

Hello there,

we made some significant progress last week!

-Unit-descriptions are now printed in the lower left corner of the screeen, so you know what Unit you´re controlling, what goods ships are transporting and so on...

-We added an automated trade-route system. Which allows to mark certain goods in your colonies as supply or demand. Just hit "T" on a Ship or Wagontrain to start automated exchange of googs between colonies.

-We up-scaled our map to super large (you might need some patience now to find land.)

-Production on colony-tiles reduced. You need to spread to more colonies!

-Construction of buildings slowed down to half

-Notifaction-System added

-Performamce improvements

Give it a try!
We can´t wait for any feedback!
https://play-americas.com

Hey,

we got some updates this week:

- added natives to our map. They act rather passive, but hey- they are there now!
- added a basic combat-system. You´ll see an attack radius around fighting-units now
- did some polishing on colonies
- changed grapics for plowed tiles

Check it out!

New update release:

-added short contextual tutorial videos into the game. Introducing controls and core game mechanics to the new player
-improved the automatoc trade-route system: you now can designate colonies as transport hubs. Especially usefull to properly connect inland colonies to your trade network
-experimental balancing: in townhall producing of politic-points (formerly known as "freedom-bells") now consumes gold. This introduces maintainment costs for bigger and more efficient colonies

WOW! How did I not notice this.. such a shame as I run the Colonization fans facebook, Reddit and Discord communities and could have shared your work around as this deserves more attention. Much to my surprise I see your game link still works and you've continued to work on it since 2019. This is really cool! You've got heaps done, even a working AI! I love your use of paintings and artwork. Hope you continue to work on it! :)

Amaricas1.png Amaricas2.png
Amaricas3.png Amaricas4.png

Last edited:
Well they never finished the game so there probably isn't one!
Best I saw was there's a help option in the top right corner info area that tells you about shortcut keys etc.. but no tutorial/guides as far as I can see.

1690695757853.png

Oh and I emailed their company address and their personal addresses (that they had on their site) about the game and if they're still working on it. None bounced back but I've received no responses sadly.

Last edited:
Wow! Great to see this!

Just want to give you guys a quick livesign and tell you how good it feels to see you interested!
(Just got back from holidays to see whats happening in this thread..)

And yes, we are still working on the game!
(We got a development-branch with the more recent work.)

So any feedback and questions from this community are very very welcome and super important for us!! So keep it coming!
Also we haven´t got a lot of reactions for our project, so this is a great motivation buff!

@oldmole1984
I´m sorry, there isn´t a detailed manual yet, I´m afraid.
Would a quick video tutorial help to understand the basic mechanics and get you started?

@Blake00
Thanks so much for promoting that thread and our project! I´ll come back to you as soon as got a bit more time.

Thanks to everyone and see you in a couple of days!
Fabian (aka Stoker)

Wow! Great to see this!

Just want to give you guys a quick livesign and tell you how good it feels to see you interested!
(Just got back from holidays to see whats happening in this thread..)

And yes, we are still working on the game!
(We got a development-branch with the more recent work.)

So any feedback and questions from this community are very very welcome and super important for us!! So keep it coming!
Also we haven´t got a lot of reactions for our project, so this is a great motivation buff!

@oldmole1984
I´m sorry, there isn´t a detailed manual yet, I´m afraid.
Would a quick video tutorial help to understand the basic mechanics and get you started?

@Blake00
Thanks so much for promoting that thread and our project! I´ll come back to you as soon as got a bit more time.

Thanks to everyone and see you in a couple of days!
Fabian (aka Stoker)
Yes!!! Awesome! So glad I could lure you guys back. :) I shared your game around a while bunch of communities and got a fair few comments and questions. I'll have to send you links to all the places I shared so you can see what people said!

Top Bottom