Amra's ALH Modpack for v1.61 (using Animated Leaderheads)

Toys®Us said:
Usually, when I begin a new game, I build 1 or 2 wonders while I'm exploring the area with a workboat.
Included is a saved game.
If I move the workboat 1 square East, another South East, I always crash and return to the desktop.

:(

This has happend to me twice.
No matter what I do the game crashes.
Both times it was around 1500 AD.

Great mod BTW!!! :goodjob:

The Civ4 1.61 patch changed a lot of things in the python coding that previously worked in v1.52 and that has screwed up more than a few mods out there.

I know. A lot of work for you, and many others. :crazyeye:

Good luck!

I really love this mod, I played through a whole game with no problems on 1.61 with your new patch and was fine.

I have just started a new one but have a crash to desktop at 50bc and no matter what I do it crashes. I imagine its the same problem as the other guy was having, I hope you manage to track it down as I really don't want to use a different mod.

Thanks for all your work

*updated*

petemcpete said:
I really love this mod, I played through a whole game with no problems on 1.61 with your new patch and was fine.

I have just started a new one but have a crash to desktop at 50bc and no matter what I do it crashes. I imagine its the same problem as the other guy was having, I hope you manage to track it down as I really don't want to use a different mod.

Thanks for all your work

Same with me, i had 2 Crashes the last 2 days... one of them was on the very beginning of the game.

- I am using german Version of Civ4 thats right Amra
- Another pink screener :
Michaelangelo
Aristoteles ( I also had two others but cant remember names)
- I used the corrected version after you said the other link was an old file and the XML Bug is gone,good work :)

í´ll keep you updated when i find new bugs *gg*

Little Feedback:
Mobile Artillery is WAY too powerfull. I am playing hardest level and i am rushing the comps like hell...only because of mobile artillery...
Mech inf only has 32 HP and no specials, mobile Artillery has 30 HP, attacks multiple targets, is able to retreat, is able to bombard cities and so on...

it´s like a super unit...maybe you should weaken it a little..

Okay,
Re: the CTD problems, can anyone tell me if they were happening before my patch 1.61a or if it is only after my patch?

The only thing python related that I changed in my patch was in regards to the tree planting so I don't think that would cause all the CTD's.

My thinking is that it has something to do with the PlotList Enhancement v2.03 mod which was added in v1.61 of my modpack. That is where the python exception I got with Toys-R-Us' game pointed to anyway.

If someone could help me test it, I can upload a new (Beta) version of my mod with the patch changes included and WITHOUT the PLE mod. That is, if I can determine that the crashes have been happening since I updated to v1.61 and before my 1.61a patch.

Thanks for the help, everyone. :goodjob:

I am quite happy to test the beta version for you if you upload it, this is a great mod and I am happy to help

I went straight to 1.61a so not sure if happened with the 1.61 version

petemcpete said:
I am quite happy to test the beta version for you if you upload it, this is a great mod and I am happy to help

I went straight to 1.61a so not sure if happened with the 1.61 version

Thanks, I'm going to work on an update without the PLE mod this week.

Can anyone tell me if they were happening before my patch 1.61a or if it is only after my patch?

I cannot say. I was playing the last time with version 1.61, and very late in the game, with maybe 8 towns in my civilizations, I told you then about the fact that I was not able to plant a new forest.
No crash at all.
But with version 1.61a, it happens, and fast!

If someone could help me test it, I can upload a new (Beta) version of my mod with the patch changes included and WITHOUT the PLE mod. That is, if I can determine that the crashes have been happening since I updated to v1.61 and before my 1.61a patch.

I would like to help, specially the weekend.
I cannot play an entire game because I'm working usually from Monday to Friday. And my wife is around... :ninja:

:D

Just suggest a BETA and don't worry, I'll jump on it.

Love the mod. Have you looked at including these?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=160802 (F-15)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=161009 (P-51)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=157031 (exotic animal)
Increasing the Max XP from 10 to 50 for Barbarian Kills and a carry over of 50 XP after promotion.
The terraform option with Green Mod
Also, is your second unti mod Master Lex's Plus or Standard version?

Anyways, this is awesome:goodjob: . More units are always great.

Dont know if it helps but I played a whole game using your 1.61a version without a crash. I turned some of the options off in the plotlistenhanchments.ini config. The ones I switched off were:

Spoiler :

enables/disables the move highlighter
; default = true
Move Highlighter Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the mission info of the plot list buttons (little text in the lower right corner of the unit button)
; default = true
Mission Info Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the health bar
; default = true
Health Bar Enabled = true
;
; enables/disables the move bar
; default = true
Move Bar Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the upgrade indicator (little up-arrow in the unit button)
; default = true
Upgrade Indicator Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the promotion indicator (light blue frame around the unit button)
; default = true
Promotion Indicator Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the wounded indicator (wounded units get a darker colored button in the upper left corner of the unit icon)
; default = true
Wounded Indicator Enabled = true

OK, so I've played it for a while now and finaly saw the exotic animals. I think they might be a little to exotic cause I've fought a few Werewolfs now:mischief: Love the mod

Another CTD. I've made it up to 1106AD with the Aztecs. None of my cities were about to produce anything special (ie. GP). But as soon as I hit enter to go to the next turn it drops me. It's too bad, I was haveing a really good game. I love the mod though:goodjob:

edit: I'm using the new patch for Civ4 with your 1.61a.

Thanks for all the help on trying to locate the CTD problem. I encountered a few more python exception rrors that point to the PLE mod. It will be removed for the time being in the updated version for testing to see if the crashes stop.

Anyway, I've been very busy personally this week and am going to be going out of town for 3 days this weekend but I am managing to put together an update for testing. I will upload what I have Thursday evening and will PM the link Friday to those of you that have graciously offered to test it. I really appreciate the help, especially since I will be away from my computer for a few days. Thanks again for helping and for being patient while I figure this out.:goodjob:

I have a lot more that I want to do with this modpack but I can't do that until I figure out the crashes.

wicked1 said:
OK, so I've played it for a while now and finaly saw the exotic animals. I think they might be a little to exotic cause I've fought a few Werewolfs now:mischief: Love the mod

I like the werewolf. Rabbit, White made that as well as another cool animal that I will be adding in. I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread (way back when) but the werewolf is the same strength as the bear (combat of 3). I promise I won't add any other animals as strong as that since I don't like losing my scouts early to the Barbarians, either. :D

wicked1 said:
Love the mod. Have you looked at including these?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=160802 (F-15)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=161009 (P-51)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=157031 (exotic animal)
Increasing the Max XP from 10 to 50 for Barbarian Kills and a carry over of 50 XP after promotion.
The terraform option with Green Mod
Also, is your second unti mod Master Lex's Plus or Standard version?

Anyways, this is awesome:goodjob: . More units are always great.

wicked1... Sorry I haven't responded quicker but life has been hectic. You must have been reading my mind. I have already added about 10 air units & 3 tanks to my next version (not released yet) for testing. Some of the exotic animals (Polar Bear, Tiger, Lioness) were added in version 1.0

The 2nd Unique Unit mod is from Master Lexx (I think I copied it from Greenmod which is also by Master Lexx) and as far as Greenmod's terraforming goes, I think I will hold off on anything so drastic since I have been having CTD (crash to Desktop) problems with the update to v1.61. I do, however, have Forest Replanting in this modpack (credit Greenmod). I had some problems with it originally, but thought that I had fixed that as of my patch 1.61a

petemcpete said:
Dont know if it helps but I played a whole game using your 1.61a version without a crash. I turned some of the options off in the plotlistenhanchments.ini config. The ones I switched off were:

Spoiler :

enables/disables the move highlighter
; default = true
Move Highlighter Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the mission info of the plot list buttons (little text in the lower right corner of the unit button)
; default = true
Mission Info Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the health bar
; default = true
Health Bar Enabled = true
;
; enables/disables the move bar
; default = true
Move Bar Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the upgrade indicator (little up-arrow in the unit button)
; default = true
Upgrade Indicator Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the promotion indicator (light blue frame around the unit button)
; default = true
Promotion Indicator Enabled = false
;
; enables/disables the wounded indicator (wounded units get a darker colored button in the upper left corner of the unit icon)
; default = true
Wounded Indicator Enabled = true

That may help, thanks. For the purposes of testing, the update I am doing this week will not include the PLE mod (I've already removed it on my computer). If we don't get any crashes when testing then I am going to assume that it was the problem. Possibly a conflict with something else in my modpack or I just totally screwed something up when merging it. Python is still new to me, unfortunately. :(

Top Bottom