Amra's ALH Modpack for v1.61 (using Animated Leaderheads)

For those of you who offered to help test my next version for CTD problems,
Please check your PM inbox for the link.

Your Mod is fantabulas. :goodjob: However since 1.61 I get constant out of synch errors. I play multiplayer all the time. And since 1.61 I have to play without this mod in order to get a game without the out of synch troubles.

I thought I would offer some freedback even though I do not know what the other posts say yet. Hopefully this helps point something out.

I thank you for your time in putting this together, and hopefully 1.61 wont prevent me from playing this Mod :(

Civmatrix said:
Your Mod is fantabulas. :goodjob: However since 1.61 I get constant out of synch errors. I play multiplayer all the time. And since 1.61 I have to play without this mod in order to get a game without the out of synch troubles.

I thought I would offer some freedback even though I do not know what the other posts say yet. Hopefully this helps point something out.

I thank you for your time in putting this together, and hopefully 1.61 wont prevent me from playing this Mod :(

Currently, I'm trying to figure out the CTD problems that have cropped up since v1.61. The two problems could be related, I'm not sure yet but I am working hard on getting this mod fixed.

Over the weekend, 4 other members of this forum helped me test a new version in the hopes that the crashes had been fixed. Unfortunately, there are still problems. Toys-R-Us sent me a savegame that I am using to test my mod with. I have some ideas and hope to track down the error very soon. Hope to, want to, need to...:wallbash:

Could you say a bit about the thinking behind the Aboriginese Worker unit? Seems rather expensive to me and since most all the time a worker will be inside your area of influence the bonus against wild animals seems pointless. In short, how is this UU better than the regular worker?

OK, I got another CTD. I believe I was about to absorb a city from the Romans w/culture. Do u want me to send you a save game?

Could you say a bit about the thinking behind the Aboriginese Worker unit? Seems rather expensive to me and since most all the time a worker will be inside your area of influence the bonus against wild animals seems pointless. In short, how is this UU better than the regular worker?

The answer is: Build an Aboriginese Worker. When you create one, check your city screen. Your population growth is increasing!
Try with another civilization... Not the case.
:)

wicked1 said:
OK, I got another CTD. I believe I was about to absorb a city from the Romans w/culture. Do u want me to send you a save game?

Thanks for the testing but don't waste any more of your time on v1.70. It still has the CTD problems. I don't need the save game but thanks all the same.

The savegame that Toys-R-Us sent me generated an unknown C++ error and pointed to a redraw problem with the CvMainInterface.py file. I tried removing various python mods and then loading that savegame to see if I could continue it but had no luck. So tonight, I decided to approach the problem from a diiferent angle by removing all python/interface mods so that I was left with just the new civs, units & other xml changes only. I've been playing a normal game with 6 other civs for about 4 hours now (Damn addicting game). I am up to about 1700AD without any crashes but now need some sleep. :sleep:

If I can finish this game (tomorrow) without any crashes, I will upload the modpack for someone else to test (if anyone is interested). Then, if there aren't any crashes I think it will be safe to add 1 or 2 (no more) interface mods back in & do some more testing. I think if I can do this slowly with testing then I will be able to rule out the problem mod.

I wish I knew a lot more about python...

Civmatrix said:
If your in need of multiplayer testing of your Mod just Pm me. :nuke:

Thanks for the offer of help.:goodjob: See my post above for the status of testing.

The answer is: Build an Aboriginese Worker. When you create one, check your city screen. Your population growth is increasing!
Try with another civilization... Not the case.

I get that. But why is this a particularly good thing? For the first worker built, I can see the advantage, but even that is offset by the long build time. With a regular worker, I can use my food resources for the build and with the Aboriginese it all has to come out of hammers. And later on this can work against me since I cannot build a worker to limit unwanted population growth.

charleswatkins said:
I get that. But why is this a particularly good thing? For the first worker built, I can see the advantage, but even that is offset by the long build time. With a regular worker, I can use my food resources for the build and with the Aboriginese it all has to come out of hammers. And later on this can work against me since I cannot build a worker to limit unwanted population growth.
There is a button that prevents city growth even when the amount of food reaches that point. Having said that I do think that if you're going to make a worker that doesn't use up food resource then it should be a bit cheaper. It's only advantageous if you can build this worker at close to the same amount of time as the regular workers while still maintaing city growth. If it takes you much longer to build it because it only uses hammers then the city growth advantage is offset by the slower worker production and essentially there is no advantage.

charleswatkins said:
I'm sorry if there is confusion on that particular UU. It was part of the Aborigine civ included in CivGold and to tell you the truth I haven't given it a good hard look other than to increase it's move rate to 2 (it was originally 1 in CivGold). Lately I've been busy trying to rid myself of the random Crash to Desktop errors but I will put it on a to do list.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :D

@Rabbit,
Thanks for the suggestions & help.

hey arma -

im constantly looking at this thread and maybe i can help to the ctd,

i used some of your units in my mod - and i had also a ctd - after examning the problem -i discovered that for some reason there is a galleon dds files - and each time i wanted to build galleon -first when discovering astronomy - the game ctd - so - i removed the files - and - bang -no more ctd -
so i say matbe check that out - maybe you have same problem -either with another unit -or the galleon.
i noticed that ctd are caused a lot of time due to art files that are not corrected = hope it will help.

keldath said:
hey arma -

im constantly looking at this thread and maybe i can help to the ctd,

i used some of your units in my mod - and i had also a ctd - after examning the problem -i discovered that for some reason there is a galleon dds files - and each time i wanted to build galleon -first when discovering astronomy - the game ctd - so - i removed the files - and - bang -no more ctd -
so i say matbe check that out - maybe you have same problem -either with another unit -or the galleon.
i noticed that ctd are caused a lot of time due to art files that are not corrected = hope it will help.

Thanks for the info. Which galleon.dds file? The privateer & spanish galleon units both use a reskinned version of that file in my modpack. Those are the only two places that I have that file in my modpack.

I will check it out in my current game that I have been playing for the last two days. I have made several Galleons without any crashes but I have not tried to build a privateer yet.

keldath said:
mmm....
ok man - i say try and build all f the units - ok placing them through the world builder - try and pinpoint the momentof the ctd.
goodluck!

Thanks, that's a good idea for testing the units.

If anyone would like to help me test my modpack for crashes, here is the link to version 1.71 BETA

(EDIT) Download link removed 05/26/06. See first page for current version.

This version is a barebones version of my modpack. In order to find a stable baseline version, I have removed all python/interface changes and new resources for testing. All civs & units are still there as well as some new units & one civ (Tibet) since v1.61

I have only had enough time to play one game (without any crashes) so, If it tests okay with other players, I will start adding some things back in beginning with the new resources & GP mod (my favorite add-ins). I want to take it slowly with additional testing, however, in order to eliminate the CTD error for good.

Anyway, if you would like to help, that would be great. If not, don't sweat it. I think we are all doing this for fun and not getting any pay. :D

Thanks... Amra (I've got all my fingers & toes crossed... ouch)

Top Bottom