• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

An AI exploit?

Matthew5117

Emperor
Here's a screenshot of an AI with a village with 44 turns remaining until it turns into a town.

The exploit? It is only 280 BC on marathon.

Haven't done the calculations but I'm pretty sure it's an exploit.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 209
Crunching the numbers this isn't that implausible. The cottage would have to have been in place for 30+60+(120-44) turns, which is 166 turns.

At 280BC on marathon speed 272 turns have elapsed. That's plenty of time for the cottage to have been built, and to have reached this point.

But don't forget you need to research Pottery and then have a worker make the cottage.

I was allowing for that. Even with just the Palace commerce, it only takes 50 turns to research Pottery and the Wheel on Marathon. The worker gets built while that's happening, and then takes 12 turns to build the cottage.

So you've got 106 turns to get the cottage built, and it can be done in 62. This doesn't even allow for a high commerce location, a high difficulty level, or a goody hut (which could shave even more time off it.

With no luck at all, the AI could have got that cottage up on turn 62. It would then have stood for 210 turns, so it would actually be possible to have just got a town on the turn above. I emphasise again that this is with no luck at all from huts and so on.

No AI exploit here. The AI could actually have got that cottage up 44 turns earlier than it did.

Oh, I am playing Monarch.

Top Bottom