An idea: change the color of a CS resource if it's not avaliable

Pep

King
Don't you think it would be a good idea to change the text color of a City State's resource when it's not avaliable?. This way you could know at a glance if you're interesting in bribing the CS or not.

I've attached two images of what it would look like: the diplomacy overview and the CS diplomacy screen.

Instead of changing the color, the text could be altered so that it shows: Gems (0/1) when the CS has 1 Gems nearby but they aren't improved.

Attachments

• diplomacy_overview.jpg
    diplomacy_overview.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 147
  • not_connected_resource.jpg
    not_connected_resource.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 131
I was under the impression that they were always given to you, even if unimproved?

If not, man do I feel stupid :p

That is a great idea, Pep! So great I cannot believe we haven't thought of that before.:p

I was under the impression that they were always given to you, even if unimproved?

If not, man do I feel stupid :p

That is indeed not the case. I bribed a city-state for their whales last game, only to realize their city was on the opposite coast of a thin continent, and their work boat couldn't get to it. :lol:

I'm always finding out stuff like this lately!

I guess it's a case of me not obeying 'RTFM'. It shows how intuitive video games have now become, when things not immediately obvious become confusing.

In version 144 I added three new features to the citystate diplomacy window. Similar resources group together, and unimproved resources are indicated with a fraction (improved / total). Finally, resources are colored based on availability.

Resource is improved:
  • Green - we're allied.
  • Red - rival ally and we're ≥60:c5influence:.
  • Orange - rival ally and we're <60:c5influence:.
  • Yellow - no one is allied.
Resource is not improved:
  • White - we're allied.
  • Grey - we're not allied.
I'll update the tooltips to explain this information in detail, once I have time.

In version 144 I added three new features to the citystate diplomacy window. Similar resources group together, and unimproved resources are indicated with a fraction (improved / total). Finally, resources are colored based on availability.

Resource is improved:
  • Green - we're allied.
  • Red - rival ally and we're &#8805;60:c5influence:.
  • Orange - rival ally and we're <60:c5influence:.
  • Yellow - no one is allied.
Resource is not improved:
  • White - we're allied.
  • Grey - we're not allied.
I'll update the tooltips to explain this information in detail, once I have time.

I'm playing with version v144.3 and I'm enjoying the changes :)

I have a petition: could you implement this color code also on the "Your Relationship" tab of the Diplomacy Overview window?. Currently it only appears in the City State window, as you can see in the attached pictures.

Attachments

• your_relationships_tab.jpg
    your_relationships_tab.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 124
  • cs_window.jpg
    cs_window.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom