1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

An Inca Game

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by Fresol, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Machu Picchu gives 2:gold: for each peak in city radius. It's quite good but not for Inca historical victory.

2. ales_

ales_ Heir

Why? I thought it was specifically designed to help to achieve the 2nd goal.

3. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

It might be, but I got caught up doing other things(training aucacs for conquerors, building tambos, hiring merchants in my capital etc.). By the time I tried to build it(~turn 90), it alreadly looked like it was only going to contribute ~160:gold: for the 2nd historical goal(estimated finish time at ~turn 100, only 10 turns away from the goal check at turn 110), and the required :hammers: was more than that. Or maybe it was just bad management on my side.

Also I razed Tiwanaku, so my city with most peaks only had 7-8 of them.

4. HighFunctioningAlcoholic

HighFunctioningAlcoholic Chieftain

In version 1.15, posting a unit in Brazil doesn't prevent the conquerer event, and sailing all the way around to Iceland is impractical (though I guess technically possible with the Panama Canal).
    One exploit is to post a galley at the SW tip of the Aztec empire. As long as you don't expand too far NE, it's more likely than not the first European will see and conquer the Aztec before seeing you. When new Spanish land arrives in your galley's vision, it will act as the equivalent of you reaching Europe first, neutralizing the conquerer event.

Tl;dr: Post a galley at the SW corner of the Aztec empire and avoid the conquerer event.

Publicola and Autumn Leaf like this.