An India Game

For some reason though, I can't see your screenshots....
Probably because they were hosted on another website which has since removed them.

Fresol hosts his images on Postimg. For some reason postimg.org no longer works. If you open an image in a new tab then replace "postimg.org" in the address with "postimg.cc", you can view the image. Depending on your device (it's easy on a Windows PC, less so on Android) you may also be able to save the relevant CivFanatics pages to disk and edit them with a text editor to change the .org refs to .cc, open the altered pages in a browser and see all the images.

Screenshot_2018-05-17-09-54-10.png

What's the word on the street about India's UHV in 1.15+? I just did it with a 1–3 %-point margin on Monarch with 1.15 but I'm wondering if there's an easier way.

My plan was to settle 2S1W since that gives the biggest potential growth to the capitol running Redistribution, skip cottages in favour of farms and forward settle Persian and Tamil border. I ended up settling 11 cities up to Hanoi in the early to mid game which meant almost no science after Clergy until a brief spurt during the golden age. In hindsight it might have been possible to postpone some/most of the distant cities. I did eventually get War Galleys, Elephants, Jails, Vassalage, Patyodhis and Baths but no spies, wonders or Monasticism. Especially spying might help immensely which probably means beelining for Jails.

I was behind in military tech compared to all neighbours at UHV 2 mark but managed to collapse the Tamil with greater numbers and pillage the Seljuks afterwards, but in a previous attempt the Persians were still around and were building Arquebusiers. Going after the Indonesians or the Khmer seemed economically impossible and time consuming in both games. You can net 1–1,5 % population if China collapses a few turns before UHV deadline, and peacefully vassalising Tibet nets 0,3 %.

Has someone had success building tall before pushing out, possibly risking more powerful neighbours? Gold bonus from Manorialism means farms aren't terrible, and you might avoid some recession instability when/if you flatten the towns to get food. Moving the initial settler and going heavy on farms in the capitol meant I was constantly +/-2 % from UHV 3 but the price was near bankruptcy (going back to Deification to save on maintenance – such power moves, makes you question whether Clergy tech is worth it at all).

Top Bottom