1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

An India Game

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by Fresol, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

More barb horse archers. Our cities are quite safely defended, and they don't seem to care to pillage too much.

Ethiopians taking out the barb trireme. :goodjob:

Negative events like this do very little harm to us.

Selling more techs for gold.

All Buddhist temples can be finished next turn.

2. Fresol

We finally switch back to Hinduism and starts building Hindu temples.

Code of Laws unlocks another means to reduce expansion instability: courthouses.

Meeting Tibet.

Rasa got razed by barbarians? :crazyeye: And the barb Lhasa spawns.

We only need 4 out of the 6 Hindu temples for the 20 temples goal. The Khajuraho is truly important for building the temples.

The Shwedagon Paya is finished in Dilli/Indraprastha.

3. Fresol

Tibet respawned as the flip happened.

Meeting Khmer. Us being Hindu has made them agree to OB.

I should've trained one or two spearmen to counter the barb war elephants. Our workers need to constantly rebuild improvements.

Persia is our other trading partner after the fall of China. It's a good thing their tech modifier has been nerfed so that we can get better deals. :D

As Hanoi finishes the Hindu temple, we enter a golden age because we have achieved UHV goals 1&2.

Don't be fooled by the 31.2% world population we have right now. In 1200 AD there'll be a much larger total population on earth. It's not guaranteed we can achieve the population goal staying on our 11 cities.

Our stability is pretty solid.

And let's do the math, there's a total of 250 pop on earth right now. In 1200 AD the number would have more than doubled.

I'll take a break from posting. ;) Expect the third part tomorrow.

4. Fresol

Our 3rd GP, Ananda is born in Dilli during the golden age. He'll join the city of Pataliputra.

China respawned with only two cities: Hangzhou and Guangzhou. Why, the other cities have all been razed by barbarians! :eek:

Hongwu cares a lot about our difference in reglion, but it doesn't prevent him from trading techs with us.

I've decided to build up an army to have more cities under my control. Therefore we adopt Theocracy+Vassalage+Fanaticism+Warrior Code as our civics.

We meet the Arabs for the first time.

5. Fresol

It's interesting how Ethiopia is the 3rd largest civilization in the world right now.

Meeting Japan. What is this diplo penalty that I see in every game?! :confused:

Since the fall of Persia, barb horse archers have rampaged the land.

We totally do not care about Arabia's demand. They're no good to us.

Our tech rate is only mediocre. I'm glad we are playing on Regent.

Have a look at this! I haven't seen such a high domestic stability for a long time! The high surplus happiness synergize with the Indian UP well.

Notice the "bug" in the counting of golden age turns. Obviously the 2 turns of anarchy are counted as golden age too.

There's also a slight drop in the population percentage.

An overview of our cities. Forges are just a bit too expensive without Organized Religion.

6. Fresol

Sorry friend, but I don't want to give it for free.

We have a good amount of surplus resources but no one has enough money to buy them.

Dharmasetu of Srivijaya does not have that -2 attitude modifier against us. Strange.

Now comes an interesting thing: I'm founding Luoyang on the super-city spot. This is really rare to see.

It doesn't seem like Angkor is very easy to take. We'll deal with the Indonesians first.

7. Fresol

Selling Aesthetics to the Arabs.

Always scout before taking any military actions. The AI Indonesia is doing very poorly.

I only realized just now that our state religion is Hinduism! This Buddhist missionary will have to wait.

These are the 3 Indonesian cities we are going to take over.

Wow, this just happened in a blink of an eye(in 1 turn actually). I lost 5 workers in the assault. Luckily the war elephant is strong enough to protect the city of Luoyang. The roads in the north have made the barb horse archers twice as dangerous.

8. Fresol

The Wat Preah Pisnulok will be our ace card in achieving the third historical goal. Of course, our invasion of Indonesia and Khmer will conveniently secure the stone resource.

Inflation is not yet a problem, it's still early.

Just some meaningless diplomatic actions we do before starting the invasion.

The Pala empire is not a peaceful one.

The people of Palembang have witnessed the fall of their beloved city. The Indians are taking over!

Meanwhile Hinduism has spread in Luoyang.

We disconnect the road to hinder barbs' movement.

9. Fresol

The newly founded Barus is razed to the ground.

Tumasik falls to the Indians on the same turn.

One turn later, the last Indonesian city, Sundapura is lost. The Kingdom of Srivijaya is no more.

10. Fresol

Having heard about what happened to the Indonesians, the people of Khmer know what'll happen when the Pala Empire declare war on them.

Guilds unlocks Grocer and allows double production speed of it.

Back to the war, Angkor have fallen in siege. The Khmer Empire is dead too.

Our expansion stability has already shown bad signs.

On the other hand, our world population percentage is as high as almost 30%.

11. Fresol

China has produced a settler, and the settler auto-founded Zhongdu. However, the incoming Khitan Keshik will completely demolish the city.

Persia is now controlled by Seljuks. The large Seljuk stacks are a good reason not to expand our empire westward. The Persian land is not exactly fertile either.

The single Keshik is not a menace to our city. Luoyang is growing like wild grass.

The Great Wall is built in 1080 AD. Wow.

Dilli finishes the Borobudur.

The expansion instability has made me reluctant to further research any new technology.

Our GM Todar Mal is born is Pataliputra.

Too bad all the :gold: from his trade mission to Hangzhou cannot be put to good use.

12. Fresol

The Mongolians have appeared. They have a large stack of keshiks. Well, maybe not large enough to survive 12 Formation knights but still formidable.

At least Genghis Khan is not hostile towards us.

I have timed the Wat Preah Pisnulok to be finished right at 1200 AD.

We are in control of a total of 198 population points.

Expansion stability is horrible but by avoiding stability checks we are fine for now.

30.7% means there are 645 pop points in the world right now. Hmm, maybe we are overdoing the expansion, but being safe is better than being sorry.

There goes the historical victory for India!

It's one of the longer games. I'm not a fast player, we all know that.

Thanks for reading! I hope this game has amused/helped you somehow. :D

13. ales_

ales_ Heir

Thank you again for doing it!

14. Fresol

Haha, thank you for your support! :D

15. Eric Cartmenez

Eric Cartmenez Chieftain

OMG 30% :crazyeye:, great as always, btw your Tamil guide works very good ;), looking forward for the next adventure.

16. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

I think the Diplomacy penalty (Past events have drawn our people apart) is from achieving 2/3 goals in a UHV.

17. Fresol

That makes sense. I vaguely recalls Leoreth talking about this penalty in an update or somewhere, but it could be false memory. It also kind of explains why Indonesia wasn't affected: They spawned after my achieving the 2/3 UHV goals.

18. calad

calad Chieftain

So whats the point of that penalty? Sounds like worse kind of punishing game mentality.

19. Fresol

To make UHVs harder? I have no idea honestly. I think in some previous versions AIs have a chance to declare war on you when you achieve 2/3 historical goals.

20. TsarAndreas

TsarAndreas Chieftain

This is a great guide!

For some reason though, I can't see your screenshots....