An Intro To & An Encyclopedia Of Modding

Predator145

Warlord
Having watched a huge Sid AI debug game with the C3X mod, a problem with these stacks is that they often end up with a bunch of defensive units and artillery type units and that's it. Once they find a city, they will bombard and bombard the city as much as possible. They will bombard to the city down to size 1 and destroy all improvements after redlining all units. That might sound ok, or might not sound ok. It's a tough call. But worse, is that no attacker ends up with such a stack apparently, unless it just so happens to come nearby. It's not like one medieval infantry or knight or longbow travels with such a stack. They will also park near a city and bombard it with no attack support for quite a few turns if the war continues.

I haven't seen how Korea handles their UU. I picked random civs, and they weren't in it. But, I would guess that Korea ends up with a military edge when warring against other AIs.

Edit: If an AI has infantry proper next to a heavily bombarded city, then they will attack.

I suspect the infantry proper doing the attacking you saw was not a unit assigned to guard the artillery but an offensively flagged one that happened to join.

Predator145

Warlord
Has anyone done tests with the "Cities store food" flag? From what I've tested I don't see a difference in turns needed to grow after having 2 of improvements with that flag.

Top Bottom