Resource icon

Ananse's BFG Modpack 4.11

And our modpack, contains tons of other people's modpacks. It's modpack inception, with a ton of people deserving credit.

Is this compatible with the Poland civ from the winter 2016 edition? ...Whenever i try using your other mod pack , It goes back to the title screen after trying to set up a game with Poland active. It works fine as long as I dont use the Poles though..

I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to get this modpack to work. I got it downloaded and into the DLC folder just fine; I turned it on, went to start a game, and it said "Start Game" before returning to the main menu. This is the same thing that happened with most other mods that were outdated or incompatible with each other. Assuming all the mods in this pack are made compatible, would you have any clue what may be causing it?

I completely deleted the game leaving only the DLC folder, redownloaded it, and the mod still wouldn't work. I also tried the other modpack with just your work, moving files how it's said, and it still wouldn't work.

I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to get this modpack to work. I got it downloaded and into the DLC folder just fine; I turned it on, went to start a game, and it said "Start Game" before returning to the main menu. This is the same thing that happened with most other mods that were outdated or incompatible with each other. Assuming all the mods in this pack are made compatible, would you have any clue what may be causing it?

I completely deleted the game leaving only the DLC folder, redownloaded it, and the mod still wouldn't work. I also tried the other modpack with just your work, moving files how it's said, and it still wouldn't work.

I am having the same problem. Super excited to play the mod when we fix this, though.

I have 3 little icons with numbers next to them beneath my leader icon on the upper right. What do they signify ? Just starting the mod and it looks grand !! Thank you kindly ...

I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to get this modpack to work. I got it downloaded and into the DLC folder just fine; I turned it on, went to start a game, and it said "Start Game" before returning to the main menu. This is the same thing that happened with most other mods that were outdated or incompatible with each other. Assuming all the mods in this pack are made compatible, would you have any clue what may be causing it?.

Also having this issue. Any fix?

I am trying this mod instead of some others and it is working well for me but I would love to see the mod creator respond to the concerns of others or they will give up on this mod which is looking really good especially seeing it incorporates so many other excellent mods..eg Chorace's UI mod

When people respond to my posts, as you just did, it alerts me and makes it easy to respond. The above posts must have been replies to each other or to other commenters, which don't show up as alerts for me. This is one of several domains I try to check regularly for questions, but the safest bet is always to message me directly with any concerns to make sure I see them promptly. As far as my priorities go related to modding, this thread itself doesn't break the top ten ten.

I can't speak to the exact cause of people's crashes but I strongly suspect they stem from not following directions properly. This modpack requires all DLC to be downloaded and enabled. If you don't have the Aztec DLC enabled and you try to run a mod that references it, you'll get returned to the start screen. I have an alternate modpack available that is made for people without the DLC called "Ananse's BFG Cheap Bastard Modpack" which such persons would want to use instead.

re: the UI question about what different numbers signify, frankly I have no clue! CQUI is incorporated in its entirety because its miles better than the base game's UI, but I didn't write a single line of that code myself and wouldn't pretend to understand all of its features. I would suggest to people who are expecting a super high degree of professionalism here that I am a "one man band" working in my free time without compensation. If you notice a feature is incomplete, feel free to leave a note about it here or somewhere else, but understand that I probably know about the issue already and that it's incompleteness is likely a factor of time constraints.

In that sense I'm only *really* interested in game-breaking problems that cause freezes, crashes, or dramatically impact gameplay. Minor issues with text and display in a mod this large are just what you should expect at this time!

This DLC mod does not work at all. I have disabled ALL mods and kept the Senarios and the DLC content. When I go to Single Player, Create game and either select a leader, map type, size, then click start or go through advanced options, the game GOES right back to the main menu with the words "Start Game." However if I use the Bastard version I can at least get a game going by selecting "Play now." So what is the issue with this mod? I am going to uninstall Civ6, reinstall it and try again. I will let you know.

UPDATE: THIS MOD IS BROKEN!!! Even with a fresh install, I am not able to play any sort of custom game.

Last edited:
Have you considered possibly adding something like Rule with Faith, or your own type of religious policy/slots?

I also can't help but feel like each government should have more slots overall, at last in the early game (the tier 1 governments should have 4, rather than 3 IMO for example?). If religious slots were added s well this could work out ok.

Last edited:
When people respond to my posts, as you just did, it alerts me and makes it easy to respond. The above posts must have been replies to each other or to other commenters, which don't show up as alerts for me. This is one of several domains I try to check regularly for questions, but the safest bet is always to message me directly with any concerns to make sure I see them promptly. As far as my priorities go related to modding, this thread itself doesn't break the top ten ten.

I can't speak to the exact cause of people's crashes but I strongly suspect they stem from not following directions properly. This modpack requires all DLC to be downloaded and enabled. If you don't have the Aztec DLC enabled and you try to run a mod that references it, you'll get returned to the start screen. I have an alternate modpack available that is made for people without the DLC called "Ananse's BFG Cheap Bastard Modpack" which such persons would want to use instead.

re: the UI question about what different numbers signify, frankly I have no clue! CQUI is incorporated in its entirety because its miles better than the base game's UI, but I didn't write a single line of that code myself and wouldn't pretend to understand all of its features. I would suggest to people who are expecting a super high degree of professionalism here that I am a "one man band" working in my free time without compensation. If you notice a feature is incomplete, feel free to leave a note about it here or somewhere else, but understand that I probably know about the issue already and that it's incompleteness is likely a factor of time constraints.

In that sense I'm only *really* interested in game-breaking problems that cause freezes, crashes, or dramatically impact gameplay. Minor issues with text and display in a mod this large are just what you should expect at this time!

Thanks for the clarification. I don't have the Aztec pack. If it isn't too much trouble, would you highlight somewhere that you need all DLC for the pack to run?
Other people might appreciate it.

This DLC mod does not work at all. I have disabled ALL mods and kept the Senarios and the DLC content. When I go to Single Player, Create game and either select a leader, map type, size, then click start or go through advanced options, the game GOES right back to the main menu with the words "Start Game." However if I use the Bastard version I can at least get a game going by selecting "Play now." So what is the issue with this mod? I am going to uninstall Civ6, reinstall it and try again. I will let you know.

UPDATE: THIS MOD IS BROKEN!!! Even with a fresh install, I am not able to play any sort of custom game.
Do you own all of the DLC available? If not, you get sent to Start Game.

just delete the line of code in the .modinfo file for every civ you don't have, the leader line and the civ line, 2 lines for each. So, the Aztecs have a line referring to the Aztec civ and a line referring to the leader, Montezuma. Open the .modinfo file in a text editor and search for each civ and then each leader of said civ - 2 lines for each civ and delete the lines.. Save, then should work - thats what I did (I don't have the Aztec's yet). Thus, depending on what you have, you may have to search for Aztec and Montezuma and Poland and Jadwiga.

Top Bottom