1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

AND Mega Civ Pack

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by generalstaff, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Romarioagrow

Romarioagrow Chieftain

Tell me please, why any harbors and lighthouses doesnt displayed? Is it some bug or what? Maybe i should switch it on somewhere in settings? In original game all displayed correct...

2. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

It's not a bug. It's a graphics setting to reduce the overall memory load of the mod by only displaying Wonders (National or World) and city defenses (any building with +building defense).

You can change the setting to display all buildings. Open the file Assets\XML\A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml with any text editor. At lines 448-449, you will find:
    Code:
            <DefineName>SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL</DefineName>
            <iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal>
    Change the 3 to 131 and save, then all buildings will be shown. (The number is converted to binary and used as a series of flags. The flag for the 1's place is Wonders, the flag for the 2's place is city defenses, and the flag for the 128's place is everything else. 1+2+128 = 131.)

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Is there an MCP hotfix for the newest rev of the game? I didn't see it anywhere yet. If you are too busy I can do it.

4. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

So here is the Hotfix for rev.1046.

It fixes the Knight replacements deleted tech requirement.
    Just extract to your AND folder and overwrite all 6 files.

Attached Files:

5. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

Hi! I have big problem :/ When I trying to choose one from modded civs the game crasches without error. Please, I want to play this mod with all civs..

6. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Where did you install it? IIRC the install directory is wrong by default.

7. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

Ugh, I didnt changed the default path of install..

8. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Make sure to install/copy it into your Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\Modules folder and not MyGames or whatever.

9. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

Okey, I will try

10. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

And nothing... I must doing something wrong. But i have idea. Just tell me where and what should I put. I have Custom_Civilizations_MCP folder, a XML folder, and MCP0.FPK file

11. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Are you seeing the modded civs when you are choosing civilizations to start the game? If Aboriginal Empire is the first civilization in the list, then the Custom_Civilizations_MCP folder is probably in the right place. It should be in Assets\Modules, next to the folders for Formations and Interface.

MCP0.FPK needs to be in the main Assets folder. If you see AND_Graphics.FPK, AND_Leaderheads.FPK, and AND_Units.FPK, then that is where MCP0.FPK needs to go.

12. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

Okey, and I should merge XML folder with XML folder that is next to FPK files, yes?

13. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

Nevermind, Ive done like you said and merged these two XML folders, but game still crashes without error when i click on modded civ :/

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

No, the entire Custom_Civilizations_MCP folder goes in the Modules folder. The XML folder is the core files for the mod, so merging the Megapack files in wouldn't work.

See the attached screenshot. It should show you what your folders should look like in Assets\Modules. I have both Custom_Civilizations and Custom_Leaderheads installed. You don't need to have both.

Attached Files:

15. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

So where should I put XML folder from mod?

16. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

If you're getting it from the installer, and the XML folder just has a Text subfolder, then that can be merged, but make sure all those files go into the Text subfolder. That's not part of the original version of the pack; it looks to me like dbkblk merged all the text files together. It probably speeds loading.

I just tried loading up the megapack from the installer and it worked for me, except for all the minor XML errors from things that have been removed. But it didn't crash for me when I started a game as the Aborigines.

17. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

Damn, it still crashes for me... I will try to download it again and install this somewhere, and manually put this again

18. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Post exactly what you're doing and maybe that will help. What file are you downloading, and where you are copying the files to.

19. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

I've done like I said and finally game works like it should! Thanks guys for help ;)

20. MajsterUopata

MajsterUopata Chieftain

Oh, and one more question. Is there a polish translation to this pack?