1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

AND Mega Civ Pack

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by generalstaff, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

The links here worked for me. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13622870&postcount=178 You will need both. One is the XML data for the civs and the other is the graphics. I'm not sure how up-to-date the XML files from the link are.

2. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I have a copy of v1031 with the Megapack installed and the text works for me. v1032 was mostly XML changes with a few Python changes. There shouldn't be anything there that would hurt the ability of the text to display.

Are you playing in English or in another language? That's the only thing I can think of.

3. muriloqsiqueira

muriloqsiqueira Chieftain

I did all the network installation procedure , but in time to install rand_mcp_full_installer_2016-06_1.7 , I get the following message: Installer integrity check has failed. I've done several downloads of the same file and always happens the same problem. I do not know what to do because he had the MOD working perfectly until losing the files data after formatting the hard drive.

4. Loffas

Loffas Chieftain

I play on english. The Version of the mod a run is unclear. I found a readme that spokes about v.17 or v.1.8, but im not sure that is the version i play.
    I haven´t uppdated/uppgraded the mod. im playing the version from this link.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13622870&postcount=178

If there is a way to uppgrade it i welcome it :)

BR Loffas.

Attached Files:

5. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Your version is visible when you mouse over the flag in the bottom-right corner of your screen. If you look to the left, you will see something like this.
    Capture.PNG

Your version number is the rev number in the yellow text. We update that manually each time we upload new files to the SVN.

If the new civilizations are fully loading for you, but the text isn't working, then I don't know what else I can say. Normally, you see the TXT_KEY show up when the game can't find the appropriate text files to replace the TXT_KEY placeholders. But if the modules are in the right place to load the new civilizations and their buildings and units, then the text files should be there as well. Something has to be messed up somewhere, but I'm at a loss.

6. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Do you have the main AND mod installed? If you have the files downloaded, you could copy the Megapack files directly into the mod folders. That is what I do. I don't work with installers myself. I like to be as hands-on as possible.

7. muriloqsiqueira

muriloqsiqueira Chieftain

Please, someone would have to Custom_Civilization folder with graphics files? I am desperate because I lost all my civilizations (Brazil, Agentina, Australia, etc...) and the site where it was downloaded is no longer active. Who has and can send me in .zip or .rar file, I will be eternally grateful.

8. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Just use the -->FULL INSTALLER<--. It works perfectly.

You may also want to install the latest hotfix too.

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

I've update MCP to match latest Vokarya's changes in rev1039; you can download it via SVN. We'll upload a hotfix soon (possibly including the previous one).

10. faram45

faram45 Chieftain

Just wondering. Is this fully compatible with the latest version of AND?

11. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Yes, if you use the SVN version. I'm about to upload new full installers both for RAND and MCP.

12. 45°38'N-13°47'E

I have uploaded a new patch for MCP, from version 1.7 to 1.81; it includes the previous patch from 1.7 to 1.8, so you only need to download
    MCP 1.7 full installer
    and
    MCP Patch 1.7-->1.81
    it works with RAND revisions >= 1039

13. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

Sorry for the delay 45°. I had not published the script for the patch on github. I'll try to mainstream it with a readme in the coming days.

14. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Thank you dbkblk! :)
    Also, while you're at it, I've tried to use your script for a full installer of the MCP but I've run into a problem: the installer says it's unzipping the FPK file but then it doesn't really unzip it, it just deletes it. How have you been able to really unzip it? Each dll I've tried always tries to unzip the graphical zip file but then it fails (it shows no error) and in the end it deletes the zip file as it's supposed to do. Thanks again.

15. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

That's because you need to put those folders (https://github.com/dbkblk/civ4_and2_civmegapack/tree/master/installer/nsis_zipdll_plugin_unicode) to the NSIS installation directory. I forgot to mention it anywhere.

I have now an executable which can double these actions in one-click:
    - Update mod translations.
    - Update installer translations and generate a full installer.
    - Update installer translations and generate a patch.

I'll clean up installer/ and translations/ dirs at the same time.
    The same kind of work is ongoing for the main mod.

Due to the updater bad reliability, I'll plan to make things a lot more robust (while easier to maintain). I'm just waiting for Afforess answer to begin tests.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

You mentioned it in a readme and I've used those files in the NSIS installation folder, but it didn't work. I've been googling around and I've seen other people having the same problem of being unable to extract a zip file. I thought it might depend on how it's been zipped. How have you zipped FPK file? I've just used Windows zip feature.

17. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

After some tests, the dirs where to put the plugins have changed if you installed NSIS 3.0:
    - ZipDLL.dll -> C:\Program Files (x86)\NSIS\Plugins\x86-unicode (instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\NSIS\Plugins\)
    - zipdll.nsh -> C:\Program Files (x86)\NSIS\Include

The zip is compressed with 7zip, but it doesn't really matter as zip is a standard format.

18. 45°38'N-13°47'E

I've tried that too and it didn't work, both with the latest NSIS version and with the one you were using when you've created the readme.
    I'll try again to make sure. And yes, I've also restarted PC after installation, as per your readme.

19. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

I'll try to make a toolkit, so it is easier to do.

20. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

I've updated and restructured a bit the repository with new scripts. Just read the README, it should be pretty straightfoward. I'll detail script comments a bit later.
    A new minor version is available with incremented version number (1.8.2) [@45, don't forget to change the version number when you publish a version].

The patch 1.8.2 is available here.

It can be installed over 1.7, 1.8 or 1.8.1.