Angular Momentum

I'd be interested to know the history of this game. I joined at a late stage well behind. How did that come about.

I couldn't really remember much, so looked back over this thread, only to find not much content for such a long game.

It was touch and go in the beginning as I had an ai on my island and it was very difficult to overcome them. But of course once you overcome, you then tend to have an advantage as growth through conquering other tribes is generally quicker than building your own.

The next problem once I became seaborne - (and quite an advantage the Portuguese unique unit for this map ) - was finding two massively advanced ai - French and Dutch with a big advantage, although thankfully they were distant from my shores. There was some degree of collective will to take them on, and slowly they were ground down, so I got to enjoy some long distance galleon troop shipping. I had to alternate between them. I also had to gift Count quite a few advanced units to try to help him keep the French at bay. Luckily, round about the time his defences gave out, I was able to transport a stack of tanks, launch against Paris, and restore the lost cities to Count.

Unfortunately my sense of being world peacemaker was somewhat shattered by an extremely late realization that I had no aluminium, which makes a space victory somewhat less than viable.
Sadly, Kiwitt was close to me and had two lots, although he was not yet aware, so he had to be absorbed.

ZHR wins a space race victory! (No turn to send). Well done Ozy!

So, should we play another one? Maybe incorporate these players with the current players in Octafish into a new game?

Top Bottom