Animals and Hunting

One thing I want to add for Hunting soon, is a new Tracking Promotion, this promotion will draw a blue circle around tiles where Animals are as some are hard to spot, also it will draw circles around Animals outside of your view range (if this can be done). In my last game there was a large area perfect for hunting but it was difficult to know where animals where so this will help.

Also, add the ability for Animal Bonuses to spawn Animals, such as Deer and Boar bonuses.

this promotion will draw a blue circle around tiles where Animals are as some are hard to spot, also it will draw circles around Animals outside of your view range (if this can be done). In my last game there was a large area perfect for hunting but it was difficult to know where animals where so this will help.
How about hunter profession get the blue circles for all plots at range 1 from him (like city catching plots). Each level of promotion will then add +1 to range of those circles. Ideally those circles can be drawn everywhere, ignoring fog of war and possibly exploration.

Maybe the circles should be drawn on all plots with animals if they are outside of fog of war. The range thing only applies to hidden animals.

Actually I don't think this will be that hard to code. It will be check distance to current unit (max(x-x1,y-y1)) and then check if there is an animal on the plot. The latter might need a bit of thinking as simply looping all units on a plot could be a bit too slow. We might need to cache the number of animals in CvPlot and just check if the cache is > 0.

Top Bottom