Annex vs Puppet

Only if you're content to suffer all the other penalties you listed, which I don't think will be the case since you've chosen to occupy the city. What other benefit could a Courthouse-based NW provide?

When I think of the Red Cross I envision a Hospital-based national wonder. I've got this on the long-term section of the todo list:
Replace citystate quests with a mission-driven system. Include a national wonder that improves food and diplomacy, requires hospitals.
That could be a Red Cross - type wonder. I'd like to generalize it since there's multiple such aid agencies in the world, perhaps "National Aid Center."

Yes, that description certainly matches the Red Cross.

The Supreme Court would make a logical national wonder for the Courthouse, but it certainly seems odd that only conquering empires bother with a judicial system. :lol: As for the effects, it probably shouldn't apply to future cities as all the other NWs apply only to the city in which they are built. Perhaps it could be just a simple :) boost, but that's rather boring and duplicates Circus Maximus.

Can you tell me what 4:c5angry: = 4:c5citizen: means?

Does that mean that a city with from 1 - 4:c5citizen: you get 4:c5angry:, and once you hit 5:c5citizen: you get an addition 4:c5angry:?

Can you tell me what 4:c5angry: = 4:c5citizen: means?

Does that mean that a city with from 1 - 4:c5citizen: you get 4:c5angry:, and once you hit 5:c5citizen: you get an addition 4:c5angry:?

1:c5angry: = 1:c5citizen:

As opposed to Occupied's 1.33:c5angry: = 1:c5citizen: (expressed by Thal as 4/3).

That's what I came up with, at any rate.

Is there any difference between a city you founded and an occupied city with a courthouse? My understanding is that in Vanilla there is no difference.

In vanilla, a city that you occupied with a courthouse is *better* than one you founded, because it doesn't have the per-city three unhappiness penalty of cities you found (it's erroneously removed by the courthouse).

New recipe for victory:

1. Found city near AI
  2. Grow it to 1
  3. DoW
  4. Let AI capture the city
  5. Recapture it
  6. Make peace
  7. Build a courthouse
Winning! :lol:

^ That would be brilliant, but I'm pretty sure you don't get the "occupied" penalty for (and thus can't build a Courthouse in) a city you founded. :(

I don't remember whether you can build a courthouse, but your own cities do go into resistance when recaptured. That said, I'm missing the logic of doing all that.

Top Bottom